1630 won’t start, no lights

/ 1630 won’t start, no lights #11  
Well, i tell people to kill the engine all the time. To me that just means turn it off.

/ 1630 won’t start, no lights #12  
I don't think he would shut it off while cutting heavy brush.

/ 1630 won’t start, no lights #13  
Folks, I fail to understand the hang up on why the tractor is not running! I also fail to understand what difference it makes as to why is is not running and what that has to do with it currently not starting!
As for OP not commenting, he probably when out to check out his tractor while shaking his head that folks have gotten hung up in why his tractor is not running.

/ 1630 won’t start, no lights #14  
Folks, I fail to understand the hang up on why the tractor is not running! I also fail to understand what difference it makes as to why is is not running and what that has to do with it currently not starting!
Causal Relationship: A causal relation between two events exists if the occurrence of the first causes the other. Thus, one event triggers the occurrence of another event. A causal relationship is also referred to as cause and effect. The first event is called the cause and the second event is called the effect. A correlation between two variables does not imply causation. On the other hand, if there is a causal relationship between two variables, they must be correlated.

Put simply, knowing why it stopped running may help to understand why it won't start. 😁

/ 1630 won’t start, no lights #15  
Causal Relationship: A causal relation between two events exists if the occurrence of the first causes the other. Thus, one event triggers the occurrence of another event. A causal relationship is also referred to as cause and effect. The first event is called the cause and the second event is called the effect. A correlation between two variables does not imply causation. On the other hand, if there is a causal relationship between two variables, they must be correlated.

Put simply, knowing why it stopped running may help to understand why it won't start.

Stretch at best! Mower bogged down and killed engine, no effect to restart once pto is off! You are stretching!
He shut it down due to having other commitments to attend to at the time. Super stretch!
Not to mention the OP did not give specifics as to why engine stopped. Thus all the theories including the 2 I gave are all super stretchy. What you do know is he was mowing in brush! Check out my initial comment for related potential causes!

/ 1630 won’t start, no lights #16  
Stretch at best! He shut it down due to having other commitments to attend to at the time. Super stretch!
Maybe he shut it down because he had a casual relationship to attend to?
Or maybe he read the first three comments here, reconnected the wire he snagged, and is now finishing his brush cutting?

/ 1630 won’t start, no lights #17  
My CUT is but 20 HP or so.
Twice I've had it 'bog down' and stall.
Both times it was while snow blowing and once was a rock wedged in the auger and the other was a chunk of 2 x 4, again wedged.
Both times the shear bolts resisted.
I'll add that I was blowing at low RPM's both times as I was maneuvering in tight quarters.
No after effects.