1700 Caught COVID (barely starts)

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #11  
It sort of sounded like a Johnny popper when it first started. I had assumed all of the 1700 series were 3 cylinder, learned something new.
Yup, actually 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300 and 1500 are all 2 cylinder engine. I love my 1700,it just sips diesel and it is so simple to work on. it is my go to tractor unless I need loader work, picking up hay bails and heavy duty stuff like that.

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #12  

1700 Caught COVID (barely starts)​

Thread Title of the Year - So far.

:cool:

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #14  
That nice diesel twin reminds me of childhood with my grandpa's 1962 Guldener Tractor

Anything that can remind you of your grandpa or grandma is priceless. I am in the same boat and cherish the memory of my gransdparents as long as I am alive.

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #15  
Yup, actually 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300 and 1500 are all 2 cylinder engine. I love my 1700,it just sips diesel and it is so simple to work on. it is my go to tractor unless I need loader work, picking up hay bails and heavy duty stuff like that.
My 1715 is pretty easy on fuel also, about a half gallon an hour when working heavy. Moving up to a 50 hp cab soon and I am willing to bet that it won't sip fuel like my old Ford. Switching from 5 gallon polly cans to a 100 gallon transfer tank too.

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #16  
My 1715 is pretty easy on fuel also, about a half gallon an hour when working heavy. Moving up to a 50 hp cab soon and I am willing to bet that it won't sip fuel like my old Ford. Switching from 5 gallon polly cans to a 100 gallon transfer tank too.
No it won't, mine uses about 1g/h when working. I have a 48.3Hp cab tractor. But it is also a 4 cyl.

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #17  
Like that Ford 1700 movie, l have a ford 1700 with issues starting in cold weather also.l installed a inline heater which helps alot.

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #18  
Like that Ford 1700 movie, l have a ford 1700 with issues starting in cold weather also.l installed a inline heater which helps alot.
Do you still have the problem? for me, my 1700 is always barned but even in real cold weather the key for me is to run glow plug at least between 20-25 second and then have a strong battery. The strong start is a huge factor in initial combustion before you get bunch of un-burned fuel in the cylinder due to several unsuccessful attempts. On the older battery, I do put a $6 HF battery trickle charger to top off the charge and that helps a lot to.

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #19  
Not really,
If l didn't plug in the heater and just used the glow plugs it would take a little bit of cranking to get it going just like yours. If l had the heater plugged in you really notice the difference how quick it turns over

/ 1700 Caught COVID (barely starts) #20  
Not really,
If l didn't plug in the heater and just used the glow plugs it would take a little bit of cranking to get it going just like yours. If l had the heater plugged in you really notice the difference how quick it turns ov
Good, Just messaged you on what you asked.