1742 regen

/ 1742 regen #1  

metalbender

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey 1742
After having the dealer come out to do a forced regen with his laptop, it occurred to me that the dpf needs to be hotter than present conditions allow. He put some cardboard in front of the rad to bring up the engine temp, which probably increased the exhaust temp. Now I'm looking at a turbo blanket and some exhaust wrap to keep some heat in the system in the winter. Any opinions or experience with this concept?

/ 1742 regen #2  
Why not just block off part of the radiator like your dealer did using something more permeant than cardboard?

/ 1742 regen
Just waiting for it to warm up a bit. I have some thin plywood and plan to do just that. Put in place of one of the screens for the rest of the winter. My tractor shed isn't heated, doesn't fit in the garage.

/ 1742 regen #4  
Just waiting for it to warm up a bit. I have some thin plywood and plan to do just that. Put in place of one of the screens for the rest of the winter. My tractor shed isn't heated, doesn't fit in the garage.
LAUAN plywood is very expensive per sq ft but works VERY well for this. used it often (in Maine) on vehicles and it stands up to high speeds on interstate so should work well for tractor. you are not gonna be doing 90mph down an interstate in your massey. if you had a jcb fastrac 2 (link) thats a different scenario LOL
beauty of it is it is VERY thin and easy to work with AND its reusable for many years.

Last edited: