Buying Advice 1758 Review

/ 1758 Review #43  
Okay, here's a comparison. Looks like the loaders are very close in specs, and the new one actually "out-specs" the old one on paper.

IMAG1149.jpg

/ 1758 Review #44  
The 135 looks like mashed rectums, however, compared to the 120s and 130s, for a negligible difference in performance.

/ 1758 Review
Up to 35 hours on tractor. Level 4 on soot bar. I have attached an I Hitch from John Deere on the back. It works well with most of my attachments but will not lock onto a 60" King Kutter roto tiller. I have 4 other King Kutter brand attachments that are not an issue. I am thinking that the hitch is a little off on the tiller so taking it back for another one. Seems like 1" off on one side which doesn't allow the locking latch to close on one side.

The Frontier disc I have is pretty heavy built. It also has a bobcat plate welded to the back with some reinforcements so that adds weight. The Massey pulled it well. I did use 4 wheel drive as we are just losing our frost and there are some frost boils. I will say the weight in the tires is a huge benefit.

I filled the tank to the brim and disced 2 fields with a short run up the county road. Tractor maintains 20 MPH on the flat with this load. Fuel consumption on this tractor is more than I expected but I haven't computed it which I will at some point in time.

Dislikes are the three point lever. It is very tight and not easily feathered. Will see if the dealer can address this. I like a smoother transition with a heavy tool on the back. Still have a rattle in the headliner and the three point linkage rattles underneath the cab molding. HST lever is frustrating to move into N or a Range quite often. When I am discing and make a turn and lift the tool on back I hear the hydraulics make a hissing sound like I am loading the system but goes away when the tool is raised and I quit loading the power steering. Not sure this is normal or what but the ground is soft and the front tires are working to make their way. Also the loader joystick has a tendency to sometimes stick in a position and that also causes the hydraulics to hiss until I correct the function.

Air Conditioning has been used and that seems to keep the cab comfortable now in the high 60's with sun but I have my doubts it will hold its own when it gets into the 80's.

Looked at some John Deere's when I bought my I Hitch for $350,,,, I sure liked the cabs and features on them. Sat in a 4066. Quite nice but hate the plastic parts.

10004028_10153235871977863_2553591188720173828_n.jpg

IMG_20150412_164113494.jpg

IMG_20150412_190033112_HDR.jpg

/ 1758 Review #46  
I like the 4066 but thought the cab was extremely cramped. I also don't like the way they designed that electronic gizmo pad/selector... I thought the previous version (4720) was better. I did like the rear external 3pt control and the rest external mounted HST travel buttons.

I felt the Massey felt more solid overall, but I like the loader tower on the JD... The mast is really solid.

/ 1758 Review
About 40 hours, soot level at 4. Glad I bought this tractor. Traction awesome. Now working the unit only in 2WD. Engine seems smoother and stronger and levers and controls limbering up. Wish it had a three point lever function outside of tractor when hooking up stuff. I ran a 84" rototiller and it chugs away effortlessly. Will advise when the tractor hits regen with more info. I am really surprised that more of these units are not sold locally. JD and Kubota for the extra $$$ didn't capture my attention. I can see why Kioti and others are also a viable option. Here is a short video and some pics from today. The Imatch JD hitch is superb. Always wanted one and it makes for some pleasant chores.

IMG_20150426_171641826.jpg

IMG_20150426_171657668.jpg

/ 1758 Review #48  
Looks good ! Glad you're liking it. How has the loader been doing?

/ 1758 Review
Tractor went into Regen at approximately 41.8 hours. I had gone up the road a few miles to work on a food plot. Tractor would only do 19 mph max. I attributed this to the road being soft and more drag so I though. Sometime during the tilling process a yellow light came on that resembled a low windshield washer fluid symbol. I was running the tractor at near PTO rpm which is around 2400 but would back the throttle off then I was turning around or positioning the machine. I was using washer fluid because of the dust and assumed it was low. On the way home I could hit 20-21 mph and thought that was odd. Hit soot level at mailbox and it showed 0. I missed the Regen as it happened without me knowing it, smelling it, hearing it. It might make sense that the tractor developed more power with the soot gone???? Does this make sense? Bar was at a 5-6 when regen started, it took maybe 15-20 minutes but I paid little attention to it as I was not aware that this was the indicator light I was looking at.

IMG_20150428_201420267.jpg

IMG_20150428_201316234.jpg

/ 1758 Review #50  
Yes, that makes sense. I can always tell when my DD15 Detroit is needing a regen. It gets lazy, then once it regens I have all kinds of throttle response again for a while.

Very nice tractor and really like all your pics and videos. Glad you are happy with it. Wish I had a Massey dealer closer to me.