18"-24" Inches by Sunday

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #1  

AceDeuce

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1500 w/ R1's and LA181 FEL
This will be the test for my BX. Kinda wish a had a blower at the moment...

Will post pics

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #2  
What is your snow moving equipment?

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #3  
Were supposed to get between 6"-12" here of late it has been on the low side. For years I used a Cub Cadet 129 with a front blade and I worked a few big 20"+ snows with that set up. Then I moved up to a IH 424 tractor and a back blade and chains, with this setup it was a piece of cake. I now have a L4400HST and will use the same 7 foot scraper blade along with the FEL.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #4  
This will be the test for my BX. Kinda wish a had a blower at the moment...

Will post pics

First snow for my BX2660 in central VA. I'll be up at dawn trying to move it.
FEL and rear blade.
All day to play!

*** update ***
There is too much! No where to put it! Getting an inch an hour now, up to 20+. But having fun, getting warm at the moment, heading out again soon.

Last edited:
   / 18"-24" Inches by Sunday
5' rear blade and FEL. It'll do the job---just a lot of material to push. Hopefully working it 6-8" at a time will make it more manageable. Only problem is finding space to stack it. I have a 210' drive with a parking area in front of the garage.

I also do my neighbors' drives. Mine is the shortest. The longest is about 1/8 mile.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #6  
At about 2300 all the "forecasters" finally agreed a minimum of 12" for DC to 2 feet. I live on a short cul-de-sac in Fairfax County, Kingstowne area. The last set of decent snow it took them a week to clear the road so any small cars could get out. My Ford MaxiVan clears about a foot, pushes snow up to 2'.
It ain't happening to me again.
I moved my ride around front. I'll be doing FEL work later today if need be. I've got one of two CUTS in the subdivision.

Of course I'm ready if it gets deep, I've got Xcountry skis and snow shoes if it gets over waist deep :)

Just measured - 5" at 0145.
Just saw the weather channel say maybe 2 feet PLUS

Probably should get some sleep!

Well it's now 0800 and the snow is 8.25" deep on the back porch

Last edited:
   / 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #7  
Well I have a 8 ft back blade, a 7 ft front blade, a 75" snowblower and so far this winter I haven't had to use any of it, and it looks like all you guys on the east coast will hav e play time. We aren't expetded to get any.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #8  
The attached picture is what I woke up to this morning and allot more of it coming. All I have is a FEL and BB since we hardly get snow here. Should be a fun day.

Attachments

• 1219090737.jpg
    1219090737.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 416
   / 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #9  
Thavil.
Guessing you won't be doing any Christmas shopping today. ;)

Pace yourself enjoy. :)

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #10  
Looks like it should peter out before it gets this far north, and we're just supposed to get a skiff of snow :). Next to the ocean where Egon is may get up to a foot.:D