1835M Tiller

/ 1835M Tiller #1  

Drogon

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1835MH
I am picking up my new 1835M tractor tomorrow. The first implement I want to get is a tiller, what width is the best option for this tractor? Thanks in advance

/ 1835M Tiller #2  
6 ft. if you can find one that will work with your pto hp.

/ 1835M Tiller #3  
How wide are your back tires? From outside to outside? Measure that and then get a tiller that's a little wider. That would be the best match for your machine, even if you have the HP to run one that's bigger. It'll cover your tracks, do a slick job, be maneuverable, and won't be hard on your tractor even if you run it for hours.

In my opinion.

Curious -- What's the width across the rear tires?

/ 1835M Tiller #5  
Most of the 60" fillers I have looked at are rated for about 25 PTO HP or more. 68" would be an odd size. Your PTO is not likely to do well with a 60", much less something wider. You may want to consider an offset with a narrower tiller. It would be more of a pain to pull, but your tractor may thank you.

/ 1835M Tiller #6  
The width across the rear tires is 67 inches.
Thanks! Then I would suggest that you need a 72" / 6' tiller. Speed is always a slow crawl when tilling anyway.

HP is borderline. Do you know anyone that has a 6' tiller that you could hook up and try it with??

For comparison: I'm running a 5' KK tiller on a 22 HP PTO Kubota B tractor. It's a great match and the tiller never bogs the engine. According to KK, the recommended HP for my tiller is 25 - 40 HP. Based on that, I'd have to conclude that their specs are very conservative, because I've had this one for 16 years and tilled up several acres per year. Has always worked great.

Last edited:
   / 1835M Tiller #7  
My MF1736 handles a Land Pride RGR1266 reverse tine tiller with no issues. I wish I had bought the RGR1272 instead of the 66” tiller but they were out of stock at the time.

/ 1835M Tiller
I emailed Everything Attachments and they recommended their 74 inch tiller. I'm going to order it later this week. Thanks for the suggestions.