Mowing 1864 mower raise and lower lever is stuck

/ 1864 mower raise and lower lever is stuck #1  

backporchguy

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1864
I have a Cub Cadet 1864 with a 48" mower. The lever for raising and lowering the mower is stuck. Is this likely a hydraulic pump issue or a mechanical problem? Any ideas on how to repair this? Also, I am planning to sell the tractor as soon as I resolve the mower issue. My wife and I are embarking on full-time RV living in a few months. My tractor has about 715 hours on it. Other then the mower problem, the tractor is in good condition. The Kohler engine runs like a champ. Is $1800 a fair asking price? Many thanks for your help.

/ 1864 mower raise and lower lever is stuck #2  
Is the lever physically frozen, which would indicate a mechanical problem with the lever itself or the valve assembly, or does the lever move up and down but the deck doesn't move? The latter would indicate a hydraulic problem probably with the valve asm. I had a leaking valve asm. replaced and it was expensive to the tune of $600 (dealer replaced).

Bob B.

/ 1864 mower raise and lower lever is stuck
The lever is frozen. I'll pull the assembly out this weekend and see if I can discover a mechanical reason. Thanks.