186d questions

/ 186d questions #1  

Catfish1500

Tractor
Yanmar 186d Satho 650g, Farmall super A, case 446
I picked up a 186d last week. i am working my way thru it and so far very impressed with the little tractor. The 3 point was slugish and screamed I changed the fluid and filter and cleans the screen In the hydro it works lie a dream now. It is bear to start when cold tho, brisk 20 last few mornings .I found the fule filter globe was half full of ice got that cleared out and it's a little better.the line from the reservare
to the thermostart was cloged I cleared that out and the reservoir drained out but has not filled back up even after driving around.

How is the reservoir filled ?

I have a nice new set of rice tires in the front but the rears are a worn out set of turfs so I am looking for tires I noticed that some on line have a wider set of tires than mine

anyone know what size weels and tires are on the back of this ?

And what size implements are these machines capable of ? Can they pull a 2 bottom plow ? Or 6' two row disk ?

Attachments

• DD7331.jpeg
    DD7331.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
   / 186d questions #2  
I picked up a 186d last week. i am working my way thru it and so far very impressed with the little tractor. The 3 point was slugish and screamed I changed the fluid and filter and cleans the screen In the hydro it works lie a dream now. It is bear to start when cold tho, brisk 20 last few mornings .I found the fule filter globe was half full of ice got that cleared out and it's a little better.the line from the reservare
to the thermostart was cloged I cleared that out and the reservoir drained out but has not filled back up even after driving around.

I have a nice new set of rice tires in the front but the rears are a worn out set of turfs so I am looking for tires I noticed that some on line have a wider set of tires than mine

And what size implements are these machines capable of ? Can they pull a 2 bottom plow ? Or 6' two row disk ?

Change the engine oil to 5W30 or 10W30 Rotella T4 diesel. It will start better yet. :)

The Yanmar Tractor Owners Group has a few of the manuals. Linky in my signature below.

/ 186d questions #3  

1 bottom plow. Won't handle a 6' two row disk. TractorData.com Yanmar YM186 tractor information

/ 186d questions #4  

The reservoir is supposed to refill itself via the fuel return to the tank, which is the hose with red arrows.

1647286713719.png

/ 186d questions
Ok that's what I figured I will have to look and see if there's more clogs in the lines

/ 186d questions
Evedntly Pennwalk had the tire information on here already I just needed to surch a little more

/ 186d questions #7  
Evidently Pennwalk had the tire information on here already I just needed to search a little more
That only applies to a YM186D sold new with ag tires.

Some Yanmars have different ratios in the transmission if the tractor was built for turf tires. (Because the front/rear tire proportions are different).

Study the parts manual to check on this.

/ 186d questions
Oh that's interesting I would not have thought the gearing would change from a ag tire to turf tire machine.

/ 186d questions #9  
Oh that's interesting I would not have thought the gearing would change from a ag tire to turf tire machine.
And as I recall - different internal ratios listed for US, Britain, France due to the different 'common' tires sold in those markets.

In addition to ratios specific to YM1510D (Japan market) which was sold with taller tires.

The parts manual is essential for researching stuff like this.

/ 186d questions #10  
The ratios matter a lot when you don't put a front to rear differential in, which is almost never done in a tractor which generally operates on loose soil. But if the ratios end up mismatched for the tires, the rear tires will be pushing against the fronts always, wearing the tires, and loading up the transmission, plus all of the drivelines and knuckles. Unless the tractor is always driven on loose surfaces.

It sounds minor, but mechanically speaking, it is not a minor issue.

All the best,

Peter