1910f starter

/ 1910f starter #1  

jaybirdt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 1910f
Hi all, just had a question about starters.
Anyone ever rebuilt one on a TS model? Mine will sometimes just click when you turn the switch to start. The problem is my driveway is very long and Ive had to snowblow it daily and I dont want to send the starter out to be repaired right now. I already rebuilt the alt myself and it was cake. I was thinking of just taking it off and trying to clean the contact tips up and check if the brushes and commutator are ok. I was just curious if it was difficult or not I have a manual for it. PS these things are outstanding for snow removal I have a 51 inch meteor for it and have blown through 3 foot deep drifts that were over the top of the blower, the shoot looked like a periscope on a sub. Glad to see with 6 reverse gears not having live pto doesnt matter . thanks in advance Jason /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 1910f starter #2  
I have had several starters on other brands that had moisture in them. After setting for a long period of time , before we get them, they rust up. Usually a good cleaning and some lube will make them work correctly again. Dirty battery terminals are the number one cause of a starter doing what you describe. I have had several start and work perfect for months and one day you drive up and shut it off and the next time you try it it will click. Clean the terminals and away you go.