Tires 1925 (TC33)/7308 R1 Tires hit hydraulics

/ 1925 (TC33)/7308 R1 Tires hit hydraulics #1  

AlanB

Elite Member
Tractor
NH 1925
I need some help, I put a new set of Titan 7-14 R1, 6 ply tires on the front of my 1925 and when you turn full right lock, and the body is rolled full right on the front axle stop, the tire contacts the hydrualic lines for the loader.

Last time I put new tires on, I put on Firestone 4 ply 7-14 R1 Tires. I remember having to put 45 degree elbows on the lower lines to get some additional clearance, but they cleared.

I believe the cleats on the Titan's are taller.
I am almost positive that I replaced Titans when I installed the Firestones.
7-14 is the reccomended tire size for this tractor.

My initial thoughts are to

Add a small stop on the axle stop limiter to keep my right roll from going too far allowing contact.

Try and roll the hydrualic mount back / up so that I gain some additional clearance (although I think it will then hit the lower hydraulic pump lines)

Add some 45 or 90 degree elbows so that the loader hoses go higher and clear, again though, I am wondering about hitting the hyd pump lines themselves)

Thinking of taking a sawzall and revoving the top 1/2" of the tread, should both tires though to keep it even.

Some combination of all of the above, none of which I particularly like.

My direct questions.

Are 6 ply tires "taller" then 4 ply or am I seeing more a different in manufacturers tolerances.

Has anyone seen this problem, and how did you resolve it?

Anyone have a thought that I am missing?

Thanks

Al B

/ 1925 (TC33)/7308 R1 Tires hit hydraulics #2  
Do you have an adjustable bolt as your stop like the larger tractors? I know they use longer bolts to control the stop when a loader is used on the TC55 for example.
How's your air pressure in those tires? Can you reduce to pressure a bit to give you more clearance?

/ 1925 (TC33)/7308 R1 Tires hit hydraulics
Well after staring at it for a while, I just decided that over time, and a couple of breaks of the mount, the hydraulic lines have just slowly curved downward. So, the fix was to take it all apart so I could bend one hydraulic line at a time (I could not pry them all up at once) and straighten out the bracket and just "do it right".

So, no fun, but other then a cut o-ring when I re-hooked my hydraulics, and some serious head scratching when I dropped two hydralic tubes at once, that were not marked it went ok and is back out and working on the job site.

Here are some pics I could not do before.

Attachments

• 100_1138.JPG
    100_1138.JPG
    932.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_1139.JPG
    100_1139.JPG
    513.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_1142.JPG
    100_1142.JPG
    797.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_1145.JPG
    100_1145.JPG