1952 Case VAC Project

/ 1952 Case VAC Project #1  

Greenrivercummins

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmall C, Farmall super C, Farmall H, Farmall Super M, Farmall 560, Farmall 656, Farmall 706, Farmall 766, JI Case 311-B, Ford 871, Ford 4000, Ford 8000, Ford 8600
So I figured y'all might enjoy a post about my new to me 1952 Case VAC project. So about 2 months ago i Found a Case tractor for sale on Facebook for $750 dollar's. The tractor looked decent in the pic. I called him up and asked for more info He said "We used it last year but, it needs a good carburetor cleaning and a sediment bowl." So i offered him $5oo cash sight unseen today only. He said yes and i hooked up the trailer then headed out. It was only about 10 minutes from my house. Here's the only pic i had to go on from the add

IMG_0836.JPG

We went and got it hauled it home gave it a good pressure wash and a bath it really cleaned up nice.

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

I started to do my usual new tractor agenda. Started going over the whole thing front to back. Went and bought all new fluid and filter's, Tune up item's and so on. I noticed the right side axle was leaking water ordered a new seal put all the items on it fluids in it except for the rear end fluid. it would crank great but no fire. after a month i took it to a family member to rewire the whole tractor, new gauge's and to get it running. Turns out the Distributor was bad ordered a rebuilt one she runs great now. I found some rear wheel weights for $60 dollars and put them on still looking for some front ones. All i have left is to put on a new steering wheel, replace the brake's and the rear axle seal to fix. Then get some new rear tires these will last awhile but, are really dry rotted. Still cant decide if i want to sandblast it and paint it since the original paint is really good. More pics to come and hopefully the rear axle seal will be a easy fix.

Here's the maiden voyage after we got her running good
IMG_0983.JPG
and here is a pic with my parade wagon testing the clutch and pulling power its a really strong tractor for its size!!
IMG_0987.JPG

/ 1952 Case VAC Project #2  
Very nice find. Now I just want to know why I can never find good deals like that. Around here everyone wants your firstborn child for their stuff.

/ 1952 Case VAC Project #3  
Nice tractor. You did good:thumbsup:
Painting? There are two schools of thought: restore it to factory condition; keep it as it is.
For your VAC, I'd keep it as it is.

Good luck.