1963 Ford 2000 Hydraulics aren’t working

/ 1963 Ford 2000 Hydraulics aren’t working #1  

Beavonrhebayou

Tractor
1963 Ford 2000
Yall, I need some help. The hydraulics on my tractor are not working. Theyve always been a bit sketchy, only lifting the implement in the last little bit of lever travel, but now they arent doing anything.

I did take the top cover off and replace the worn pivot pin and the leather/o-ring on the piston along with other o-rings. M

After cleaning, reinstalling, and replacing the fluid, it still doesnt work. The PTO works fine.

Any help or suggestions are welcome..!!

Thanks!!

/ 1963 Ford 2000 Hydraulics aren’t working #3  
Many older tractors had a fine mesh screen instead of the current filter. It's possible yours is clogged. Some also have a rubber section in the hydraulic suction line. If it gets pinholes you'll be sucking air instead of fluid.

/ 1963 Ford 2000 Hydraulics aren’t working #4  
Your tractor is not close to an 8N, nor does it have any type of screen or filter for the hydraulics. It sounds like you replaced the cam follower pin which would be the right thing to do when the lift lever was only working at the top end of its range. The linkage must be adjusted after replacing the cam follower pin. Also, after replacing the hydraulic fluid, you must prime the hydraulic pump by bleeding the air out of it. Loosen the hex plug on the top of the hydraulic pump and let hyd fluid seep out until there are no more air bubbles. What did you use for hyd fluid?