1970's International comercial model 240a front end loader need starter

/ 1970's International comercial model 240a front end loader need starter #1  

Cecil Stults

Tractor
John Deere AR, a # of Farmalls, AC WD45, couple of Fords and a Massey Harris
Folks,

I need to know the part number of the starter on my model 240A industrial International front end loader tractor.
It has the 3 cylinder Diesel D-179 engine.

It is a yellow tractor it is not the 240 ihc farm tractor.

I ordered a starter by picture that was supposed to fit both the D-239 (4cyl) and D-179 (3 cyl) but it was not the right one. The nose cone was right but the new starter was too long to fit my tractor. The body was too long. It hits a fuel filter with the back end of the starter.

This may be an english made tractor with a LUCAS (yuck) brand starter.

Returning a 52 pound starter thru the mail kind of takes the fun out of "internet shopping".

I need to know the international part number for the original starter if anyone might know?
My original starter has no id tag of any kind on it.

Is anyone in the know???

Thanks,
Cecil Stults

/ 1970's International comercial model 240a front end loader need starter #2  
Do you still have the original? If so, you can take it to a rebuilder or good parts store that will send it off for you.

/ 1970's International comercial model 240a front end loader need starter
oliver24872 My engine is not running right and in cranking on it the engine was just about to catch and I was just about to let off the key when I heard a loud POP. I did let off the key the engine did die and the starter made a different sound after that. After removing the starter the nosecone came out of the hole in pieces. So all I need is the nose piece. There is an old starter shop in town i was going to take it to him to see if he had parts. I may just try to find the broken nose piece and rebuild what I have.