1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve

/ 1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve #1  

Tisser

Tractor
Kubota B7100
I am trying to find a replacement part for the control valve operating my B219 loader on my gear driven 4wd 1978 Kubota B7100. The detent cap for the bucket float valve has sheard off and a section remains in the body that I have struggled to remove it appears to be seized. I have searched around the forum and have found several older articles talking about a replacement, however the links have yet to work. Can anyone spool me up on what type of controls I should be looking for and an exceptable replacement that would require minimal modifications? I am new to hydraulics and have heard terms slung around like open or closed control systems and honestly have no clue what I'm dealing with. I have completely removed the control valve in an attempt to persuade the cap to move with no avail, so I can provide any type of information that might be required to help out.

/ 1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve
I think I may have found what I'm looking for, maybe the powers at be can confirm

The valve is a Cessna 30922 which is an open center valve and I found one at

2 Spool 5 GPM Eaton Cessna 3922 OC Valve | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

The tractor has a 3GPM flow rate and this valve can handle up to five however it does not have a float feature, I thought the original did have the float option but I might have just mistakenly thought a worn out control was an actual float feature, that is under full lever in the lowering direction the bucket would slowly lower to the ground and you could lift or lower the bucket with minimal pressure if you were to attempt to lift it, however if you Released the lever about a 1/4 of an inch the bucket would then start to lift the tractor off the ground.

So after doing some more digging I think I have found what I am looking for, the old valve did have a float option, it is part number 70050-00072 I will attach the parts diagram for anyone else who might look for it in the future. I have managed to find out that it was replaced by part number 70050-00191 which has been discontinued sigh yea I know right but after further digging I have found a place with five in stock and am in the process of getting a quote, yea me. Here is the link if you need one as well. The valve is a 2 spool 800 psi valve.
Kubota Parts | Kubota | Parts | Online | Kubota Parts for Tractors and Equipment Kubota Part Number: 7:confused:-191
image.pngimage.png

/ 1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve #4  
Replacing with another OEM valve will be super easy but I am curious to hear what the price quote is. I like Surplus Center, in fact I just bought a pair of cylinders from them for my loader. However, I have had very good luck buying reasonably priced hydraulics on Ebay. A selection of single lever/joystick valves are usually available for under $250 ( way less if you do some consistent, patient watching). You may have to fab a mount for a different style valve and probably require a few new fittings but should be a reasonably easy and inexpensive. Here is an example of an old Ebay valve purchase I made.http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/226131-smokin-good-deal-valves.html?highlight=ebay

Replacing with another OEM valve will be super easy but I am curious to hear what the price quote is. I like Surplus Center, in fact I just bought a pair of cylinders from them for my loader. However, I have had very good luck buying reasonably priced hydraulics on Ebay. A selection of single lever/joystick valves are usually available for under $250 ( way less if you do some consistent, patient watching). You may have to fab a mount for a different style valve and probably require a few new fittings but should be a reasonably easy and inexpensive. Here is an example of an old Ebay valve purchase I made.http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/226131-smokin-good-deal-valves.html?highlight=ebay

Yea I agree I looked around and could find quite a few valves that would work for my application, their is even a tractor store not to far from where I live that had a few on hand that would have worked and would have only required slight modification to the mounting brackets and fairly cheap I might add from the hundred to couple hundred dollar range and like you said eBay has several listed and I'm sure with some patience even cheaper. After considering the choices the wife and I decided to go with an OEM part In order to keep the tractor in its original glory (selling the wife on such ideas is a PIA by the way). There is a little bit of happiness that comes to mind when you see a 40 year old tractor still chugging around that is all original. But I digress, the price quote I received was $596.00 which is a little expensive but If the old valve which was organic to the machine lasted 40 years this replacement hopefully will pay out the same amount of dividends. However I will say I received quote from several different places and prices ranged from $982 all the was down to $596 so I am happy with the lowest price I found.

/ 1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve #6  
..... There is a little bit of happiness that comes to mind when you see a 40 year old tractor still chugging around that is all original. But I digress, the price quote I received was $596.00 .......

Couldn't agree more on the satisfaction you speak of concerning our old tractors. I have owned a number of tractors, however all but one got sold and in the end, I have always kept my first tractor, my 35 yr. old Mitsubishi. I wish I had power steering and shuttle shift would be nice too but the bottom line is it does everything I need just like it is. It still runs great, is stone reliable and super easy to work on. As far as the desire to keep OEM parts, well I get that too. $596 is a LOT cheaper than I was expecting and would make that decision easier for me too.

/ 1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve #7  
Hi all - I am new here and have a Kubota B7100 with a B219 Front End Loader. I am looking to replace the Hydraulic Control Valve for the loader - I want to go to a joystick control. The manual shows it as Part #70050-00072 and the description is "Valve, 2-Spool, 800 PSI". It looks to have been replaced by part #70050-00191 after looking around online.

My questions are:
1. Can anyone confirm if this an "open center" or "closed center" valve?
2. Can anyone confirm what the GPM rating is (my online research suggests 5 or 6 gpm)
3. If I buy a new control valve with a Pressure Relief Valve stated as adjustable between 2000 and 3500 PSI, will that still work. or do I have to get a valve that adjusts all the way down to 800 PSI?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brian

/ 1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve #8  
According to TractorData, it's a open center system with 3 GPM capacity. TractorData.com Kubota B71 tractor information

I haven't seen many joystick valves under 8 GPM available though.

I had a B7000 before with a homemade loader and pump for the loader. It had about 4 or 5 GPM and was using a 10 GPM 2 spool valve, not joystick, it easy to feather the movements.

Not knowing how the loader is setup on your tractor, the relief valve is definitely important. If it says 800 PSI, you may want to keep that. These tractors are small, light and somewhat fragile with a loader on, so the extra pressure above the 800 PSI, can cause stuff to break.

/ 1978 Kubota B7100 with B219 loader control valve #9  
Thanks! I will say that the tractordata.com info is specific to the tractor hydraulics, and not the Front End Loader B219. At least that is what I think. That said, I left a message for my local Kubota dealer and he did call me back and was very helpful. He confirmed that the original valve for the loader (Part # 70050-00072 replaced by 70050-00191) was an "Open Center" valve and that it had a max flow of 7 GPM when new (but mentioned that was often overstated). I just wanted to post this here in case anyone else was looking for this type of information.

Now I am on the hunt for a new valve! Thanks again!