1997 T5C hydraulics Problem

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem
"Last owner used hydraulic fluid" instead of oil. I suggest you call one of the places that specializes in parts for these machines and ask them what goes bad when someone uses hydraulic fluid instead of oil.
They have probably seen this enough that they may be able to narrow down what you need to look for.

Once someone has put hydraulic fluid in the system, what do you have to do to clean the system enough to make it reliable again? I don't know myself, but I'd be asking what hydraulic fluid does to the entire system and what has to be done. Short of taking the whole system apart and cleaning it piece by piece, how would you flush all of the hydraulic fluid out? Does it have to be 100% cleaned of all hydraulic fluid or can you flush it enough by repeated oil changes say run it to operating temperature, cycle the systems and then change the oil. Repeat. How many times?

These are some questions I'd be asking. Especially if the residual hydraulic fluid in the system can tear something else up if it hasn't adequately been dealt with.

This is a non-issue as I have been running Motor oil after 2 flushes and numerous bad leaks for 4 years now.

check pressure at one of the loader ports and deadhead the joystick while watching the gauge.
OK, checked at the front curl, 2000 psi, both ports. Checked RH arm 2000psi. Rechecked at both ports on power steering. If I dang near stand on the steering wheel pulling it so hard I barely get a 500psi reading.

So, bad power steering pump?

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #25  
maybe steering orbital control is out also if your pump has a priority valve it or the Orings could be bad.

maybe steering orbital control is out also if your pump has a priority valve it or the Orings could be bad.
OK, now I am confused. What area? Steering Box or Transmission? Gear pump is attached to Trans. The hose to the Steering Box comes from the front underneath of the trans, opposite end of the gear pump.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #27  
steering box would be my first guess but I don't know what pressure you are to have.
I'll see if I can find something but in the meantime you can look this over.

Attachments

• T5C-Parts-Manual.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 177
   / 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #28  
look here also.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #29  
also I would jack up the front and loosen/remove the lines and see if the wheels will move left to right freely.

OK, everything is now tested. I put T,s in on the hose from the trans, then on the hoses going to the front hydr cyl. I have no pressure readings. not even out of the transmission. Oil will drain, but no pressure. If I put the bucket down and lift the front wheels up it still turns, a little easier but not much. My main power steering hose comes out of the transmission. On the parts diagram it is at were the plug is at 61. Any ideals now.