1st of many Original Restoration questions

/ 1st of many Original Restoration questions #1  

magicalj

Silver Member
Tractor
[2004 LT2180] [1980 582] [1981 582] [1983 682] [1983 982]
I just picked up a 62 Original so I can do my first restoration. I started today by pulling the gas tank and carb off for cleaning. My question is how do you clean all the varnish out of the tank? This thing is is totally gummed up. I got the carb disassembled and cleaned, but the tank is gonna be a mess. The only thing I can think to do is try soaking it in mineral spirits, but I don't know if they will cut through it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

AJ

P.S. I'll try to post pics as soon as I figure out how to post them.

/ 1st of many Original Restoration questions #2  
It will probably be best to refer you to the forums at either Relocate or FarmallCub.Com for restoring a CCO. There are MANY experts there who specialize in them who can answer just about any question you would have in regards to restoring a CCO. Not to steer you away from here by any means, but I'm thinking for as far as restorations you will probably get more answers on the specialty forums at those sites.

-Fordlords-

/ 1st of many Original Restoration questions
Thanks for the links Fordlords. I'm sure I'm going to need as much help as I can get. THis is going to be my first time restoring anything like this. Good news is that I finally got it running tonight and drove it down the road and back. I guess now it's time to start tearing it apart.

AJ

/ 1st of many Original Restoration questions #4  
Enjoy your project AJ! The CCO's are neat little tractors, well worth spending the time restoring. Probably more metal in one CCO than about 25 new LGT's combined today LOL :)

-Fordlords-