2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me?

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me? #1  

Avery11

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota B2320
Hello all,

First post here after lurking and searching for some time. I live in S. NH on 2 acres split evenly between woods and lawn. In looking at several brands online, I like what I read about Kubota.

A good friend has a 2013 B2320 that he has offered to sell to me. I have used it a few times and am fairly comfortable running it. I would use it mainly for mowing; my steepest grade is about 30% (I prefer to bag my clippings) but also for annual clean up, landscaping, moving materials like loam and mulch, and trail making/maintaining for my sons' ATVs. I would say 80/20 mowing to working. Here is the list and price:

Tractor with 165 hours

Turf tires (don't know if weighted)

FEL

60" MMM (Never used)

3PH 2 ball trailer mover

Ratchet Rake

Landscaping Rake 4 or 5 ft

Rear Blade (Grader I suppose) 4 or 5 ft

Price is $13,000 and I would not want to push it.

Questions:

1. Is this a fair, good, or great price? I would use all attachments.

2. Will this macine tear up my turf?

3. Will mowing on the hill be a problem?

4. Would I be better off with a BX series?

5. Is there a better alternative that I could consider?

Thank you in advance for the experience and advice.

A.

Last edited:
   / 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me? #3  
I think that is the same tractor my daughter uses to mow her 2 acre (minus house size) lot with. It works well for her. She also has a tiller and middle buster with it for gardening. IIRC my son in law said the tractor alone was $14K at the time of purchase 4 years ago. $13k sounds like a fair price for the tractor and equipment mentioned.

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me?
Thank you for the early responses, Men. Gary, it sounds like your daughter and I are in a similar layout. Does she mow hills? I read somewhere on TBY that a gentleman recommended the B for flat land and the BX for hills. He did not expound on his advice. Perhaps another experienced owner can help explain?

Great input...keep it comin.

A.

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me?
I'd be comfortable buying it at that price, it's essentially a new tractor with those hours. The BX is a bit better lawn mower, more stable on hills, but the low ground clearance makes it a bit iffy in the woods unless you're really selective where you go and the HST fan is pretty vulnerable, so you would need a skid plate. I'd put wheel spacers on it personally.

Great advice - thank you. Would you go so far as to say the 2320 would be dangerous on a 30% grade? Also, do you mean wheel spacers on the 2320 or a BX. I have never seen a BX up close, I just assumed it would limit what I could do and I thought this 2320 seemed like a good deal.

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me? #6  
B2320 owner here.

I purchased my 2012 last August, with FEL and a 4' Land Pride boxblade. I have since added a Pihrana tooth bar and a middle buster.

It had 72 hours at time of purchase, spent about 14K for the whole setup including new implements.

I now have 124 hours, zero problems, tractor has juiced ag tires and has done a wonderful job with grading and prep for new concrete. Absolutely no regrets, though the FEL lift capacity could be a bit better, still it will drag a full BB full of dirt, and carry a full FEL load of dirt at the same time.

Zero problems. Price looks reasonable. Have Fun!

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me? #7  
Hey Avery11 I don't know what part of S NH you are but Chappel Tractor is in Milford and carry Kubota. They have been around a long time, and great reputation. Brentwood is their Mahindra dealership. Go have a peak up close to compare. Donnie

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me? #8  
When you add rear wheel spacers (likely a couple hundred dollars for Kubota or aftermarket) you increase the rear width by 3-4" which, of course, adds to sideways stability on slopes. A 30 percent grade is very steep, so proceed with caution! How do you mow it now, if you mow it?
The price seems fair enough, with all the extra goodies, and you have the valuable advantage of knowing the seller well. If you ever want to plow snow, for example, the B tractor will be much more useful than a BX, ditto for work in the woods, where weight equals traction, not to mention the ground clearance. If you decide later that something else would be better, you should be able to recover your investment easily.

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me? #9  
Thank you for the early responses, Men. Gary, it sounds like your daughter and I are in a similar layout. Does she mow hills? I read somewhere on TBY that a gentleman recommended the B for flat land and the BX for hills. He did not expound on his advice. Perhaps another experienced owner can help explain?

Great input...keep it comin.

A.
She is in Conroe Texas area so no hills. The
B series seem to be pretty low to the ground, not anything like a BX but still unless you have some really steep side slope mowing, I think you would be alright. You could always put some wheel spacers on if you get a bit squeamish. When I bush hog on slopes, I always try to go straight up and down rather than side slope and then there is no problem.

/ 2 Acres half Woods and Lawn Is this B2320 for me? #10  
That is a good price for the tractor and all the attachments. I paid $13,500 for my B2920 with FEL, loaded rear tires and tooth bar with 26 hours, in 2013. When I bought the 60" MMM brand new, it was around $2300 or so.

The turf tires are going to be the least damaging for your lawn. As long as it isn't too wet, I doubt you will have any problems. The cut from the MMM is spectacular.

My 2920 has 370 hours on it now, and not a single problem. I bet you will love that 2320. I would snap it up if I were you!