2 Bottom Plow - Category 1

/ 2 Bottom Plow - Category 1 #1  

puttering

Tractor
2007 Kubota 3400HST
I cannot locate a used one locally and the ones at Tractor Supply are pricey. Is there a cheaper online alternative?

/ 2 Bottom Plow - Category 1 #2  
Where are you located. There is usually no shortage of old 2-12's or 2-14's around me

/ 2 Bottom Plow - Category 1 #3  
10-15 years ago, you could buy all you could haul away for cents on the pound at rural scrap yards. Then all the metros turned prepper and started growing potatoes or some such. :rolleyes:

Keep checking Craigslist in your area.

/ 2 Bottom Plow - Category 1 #4  
Maybe should also ask what you plan on plowing? Plowing is great for fields. I also like a plow for establishing a new garden. Even an existing garden I like plowing in fall and turning the trash under to decompose and feed the next years crop but many dont do that. For gardens, most like a rotary tiller. A plow isnt a single pass tool like a tiller. You also need a disc. The cost of a plow and disc that are worth a darn are pushing the price of a tiller. Usually when I see the old 2-bottom plows.....if they dont need new points/shares and are in field condition and nothing broke....they are ~$300. And a disc is ~$600. Alot of money for single purpose tools to be used once a year.

Between facebook market place and craigslist.....I could probably spend a day driving in a 60 mile radius from my house and pick up at least a dozen 2-bottom plows for ~$300

/ 2 Bottom Plow - Category 1