Snow 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #1  

Andy in Gap

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 187D
Anybody else in the Mid Atlantic area gonna be on the tractor all day? Started snowing too late last night to push, woke up this morning to mountains of snow. Gonna be all my 187D can handle. Oh well, a full day of seat time, and maybe make some cash at the same time. What's better than that? Happy plowing. :D

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #2  
We dont have as much as you, but seat time is coming soon. They say we will get 3" inches so I can stay inside until it passes..

Brian

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #3  
We have 18'' on the ground with more coming down. I'm usually a "wait till it's over" kind of guy, but I think I'll start early on snow removal this time. At least the wind isn't blowing (yet).
Mike

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #4  
I am not too far away in southern Chester County, PA. I will wait until most of the snow is down and, hopefully, the wind dies down a bit. Sure is nice to be able to stay inside and stay warm for a while. Hard to judge how much snow is there since it is blowing around so much. The only thing I know for sure is that the seat time for this snow will be measured in hours rather than minutes.

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #5  
Sorry, this may get off subject. But I seen your loction and know it pretty well. Lived in Bel Air until the late 70's 80. Do I miss the snow yes and no.Don't mind playing in it,but don't miss the cold. Been down South here for Yrs. Of course Use to Sled, Ski,Snow mobile all of it. But I'm to old, beat up and grumpy for all that now.I won't even go to our place in WV.until the end of March unless I have to:rolleyes:
Andy Lancaster:D who doesn't know it, if you lived up there. We use to go that way all the time when Teens to a place called Susquehannock St.Park or to us back then. Rock St Park. Thats what was mostly all it was to us. But it was nice to Hike,Raft the Susquehanna, King and Queen seat which was my Favorite, Super Cool:cool: You guys ever been there?

Carey

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar
Hey Carey, yep, I know all of those places. The Susquehanna River is one of the coolest that I've seen, and I've been all over. Kinda wish I was wading in it instead of digging out of this blizzard. All of us who are used to doing snow removal with our CUTs, I'm here to tell ya they are a little undersized for this much snow, unless you've got a blower. They don't have the weight or ground clearance that you'd like to have for this much snow. With that said, the tractor did everything I asked of her and more today, opened up almost 2000' of steep driveway. Only problem is, it's still snowing and I can't finish or salt til it stops.

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #7  
Got any where from 23 to 26 inches in places. Spent about 3 hours plowing snow today. Had to plow trail to get hay to horses and cattle. Also did some plowing to get to chickens and dogs,once there did a lot of hand shoveling. Grand kids had a great day,the higher I plowed it the higher their forts were built. So deep I could not scrap it,it was almost all loader work,finished with the scrapper. Yesterday I brought up almost a cord of seasoned wood to my covered deck. For once things worked out pretty good. Lots of work,but it sure is pretty.

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #8  
Andy, how bout a picture of the 187D in Action? That's for us Florida people that have forgotten what snow looks like - We sure miss out on some of the fun work.

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar #9  
Here in SoMD we got ~20-23". In the past week we got a total of 30" with another 3-5"+ due tomorrow Miss my Yannie FX24D. It dropped a valve and tore up a piston, cracked cyl wall, etc. Replaced it with a MF GC2400. Really a great SMALL tractor, but it's not heavy enough for this snow. Course if I put a smaller blade on it, it might be a little better. Almost all loader work.

Between Sat. and Sun. my neighbor and I spent ~8 Hrs cleaning drives. Our whole neighborhood is done with only two exceptions. The one guy who has a plowing business and his MIL. Funny!

/ 2 ft of snow waiting for me and my Yanmar
Sorry, no pics at this time, one of my precious little girls broke the camera the other day :(. So I'm the area of the country that got 2 severe storms in the same week. Got the first one cleaned up, 24" of snow. Went to start the tractor later, all I got was a click. :mad: Spent most of the second storm troubleshooting the tractor, just got out of the house today to take the starter to be rebuilt. Needed a tracked skid loader to dig out of the 2nd storm anyway, there is nowhere to go with all of the snow. If I find a good deal on a 3 pt blower, I might not be able to say no. I'd just feel better knowing I could blow my way out of anything.