2 months since purchasing 1705

/ 2 months since purchasing 1705 #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
IMG_0141.JPG

Well its been two months since I purchased the tractor. I ended up getting a QA and forks for it as well. Very easy to install and very easy to switch the bucket and forks. Im glad i did it. Axle hub talked me into it and has the same set up as well on his tractor. I have pole barn with as you can guess a bunch of stuff in it especially since we just moved in January. During the building process we collected pallets for use in the pole barn. Im glad we did. I have utilized them a lot since we now have forks for the tractor. I have 47 hours on the tractor and its been a beast to have. Ive moved 10 triaxle loads of fill dirt and 7 loads of top dirt. Shaved a good sized nob down on the side of the house. I have mowed a few times with it out by the road and it does a good job. Seems like it really drinks the fuel when mowing. My next job will be to build a loft in the pole barn to create some more space.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 198
   / 2 months since purchasing 1705 #2  
Who did you get the SSQA from?

/ 2 months since purchasing 1705
Mytractortools.com

His name is jery. They have other attachments for there QA. Its a biit pricey but if your gonna need forks its worth it. You would be surprised how much you will switch them out especially since it takes a matter of minutes.

/ 2 months since purchasing 1705 #4  
Mytractortools.com

His name is jery. They have other attachments for there QA. Its a biit pricey but if your gonna need forks its worth it. You would be surprised how much you will switch them out especially since it takes a matter of minutes.

Yes just a tad pricey onthevq.a. but there is a good reason fr it . . A wholediffernt size of pins (heavier tht 3/4 inch ins and heavier than 1 inch pins . . so it was a rebuild of the q.a. structure to take advantage of the dl95 added strength and puston sizes.

But counterbalancing the bit higher q.a. price is forks (2 kinds) and grapples (4 kinds) that are great values both for strength and weight-conscious performance and pricing. As an examle the grapple I desire is only 77 pounds yet it can grab up to a 28 inch rock or log and lift it to the fel's max weight rating.

But I'm curious why the massey user above is "drinkng" fuel when mowing culverts etc... That doesn't sound right. It should be "sipping" fuel.

Last edited:
Side note when i installed the QA it was a breeze, putting on the bucket was also breeze. I think it took me longer to figure out how to get the forks on over anything else during that project. I was a bit embarrased until i got them on and was like AH I SEE. I almost called Jery b/c i thought maybe some pins were suppose to go on the forks but in the pics i didn't see any pins that needed installed. Now its very easy but I was stumped for a bit on that one.

/ 2 months since purchasing 1705 #6  
I'm just pleased when I read stories like Edgarrian's about his first 2 months of Massey ownership. We all read threads where scuts are supposedly "ok" for mowing or pulling a cart . . . and then "limited" in accomplishing any measurable work . . . or it will overtax the machine etc. etc. etc.. Yet Edgarrian's story of just 2 month's is that of lots of work being done in a short period of time and doing it efficiently and with good effect.

Incidentally, I recently discoveted how come the Massey DL95 loader offers as much lifting capacity as it does compared to some other brands or past models. It turns out not only are the DL95 loaders equipped with a heavier pin size . . but the loader's pistons are larger and have greater surface area. That also explains why its gusset design is reinforced as it is with the "tube in tube" supports. Yet it isn't detailed in its general specifications.

So Edgarrian had a series of needs and sizable projects to accomplish. He then researched and found a very capable enhanced product in the Massey GC1700 series. And then he researched to find accessory items to extend its capabilities further for his specific needs. And in a very short time he is succeeding like all if us would like to be doing. 2 months and 47 hours on the machine . . and much acvomplished and more to be done . . a nice story we all could mimic :)

Im not on this site often as I don't have internet at the house so thats why i don't post much or comment much. I think in my case it has helped that i grew up on a farm and have ran machinery all my life. I think at times when i have read what people are going to get for there 5 acre plot is sometimes too big. When i shaved that nob down with the tractor and box blade did it take me awhile sure it did. I was dealing with tree ruts that were left in the ground after i removed them with the excavator i rented. I believe it took me about a day and half to shave it down and to move the dirt where i wanted it. The end look is great. The machine comepletely capable of doing most jobs it will just take a bit longer. When i purchased the tractor i purchased the box blade. TO my surprise it was 499 or 599. Don't remember but thought it was expensive. I gave it a good test and the tines held up. Im thinking a cheaper brand i would have broke one or two. So I'm glad i have made the decisions that i have made. cheap isn't always great right