2 New attachments: trailer hitch and carry all

/ 2 New attachments: trailer hitch and carry all #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
2 new Cat 2 attachments!

I already have a carry all for my 1025R, but the step up to the RX7320 means it's no longer "good enough". Despite having pallet forks for both tractors, I still find it very handy to have when the loader's not on or for doing other tasks. In addition, I use the big tractor as a tow pig often with heavy dump trailers and my boat (It's much more maneuverable than the dually), so having a good strong trailer hitch is important.

I had some 4"x4"x.25" square tube drops I bought for scrap price from the steel supplier when I was picking up some fullsize pieces, and set out to make a HD trailer hitch. It is set up with a 2.5" lower receiver on the bottom, a 2" receiver up to for storing an additional 2" drop or an attachment like a vise, safety chain D rings as well as chain grabs for pulling. I also built two holders for waterproof boxes to hold chain, pins, etc... but I'm not sure where I want to put them yet.

IMG_1004.jpeg
IMG_1018.jpeg
IMG_1017.jpeg
IMG_1016.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg
IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1019.jpeg

/ 2 New attachments: trailer hitch and carry all
Took a few days to get a 2.5" receiver, and then a few days to get one that they hadn't welded the reinforcement on crooked, few more pics coming soon. Trailer hitch is currently at the sand blasters getting sand blasted so I can paint it. I ordered 4" tube caps to cap the ends - I purposely didn't cap them with steel as the top might be converted to a Gooseneck ball in the future, and I might add storage in the side holes... and I like the finished look plastic tube caps give.

More photos coming soon of the hitch.

For the carry all, I had the perfect material - a new stick of 4x4x3/8" angle, 1/2"x3" bar, some leftover 4"x3" tube from when I planned on converting my L3650 to SSQA, and a C channel drop to round things out.

I went with 48" long "forks", so 44" of usable length. It's basically an upsized version of the King Kutter Cat 1 carry all. It doesn't look much bigger in the photos, but this sucker is substantially more heavy duty and larger than the Cat1. I don't believe I am going to drill any holes in it - I normally use the carry all for picking up wood "modules" which are basically pallets, so if I want a box frame it'd probably be something that sat on the carry all vs the boards being permanently attached.

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1046.jpeg

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1044.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

Both attachments are Cat 2 quick attach, and the plates are 1/2x3" bar I find myself using a lot of. While they are clevises on the trailer hitch, it's a single pin type attachment on the carry all which is probably the weakest link of the setup. If it ever poses a problem, I'll upgrade them... but I think I should be good. Both attachments also have 3/8" chain hooks. On the trailer hitch, I've already tested them pulling out four 6" posts buried in concrete and they were REALLY handy. (I was surprised the RX7320 pulled them out in low, 2wd at idle without even flinching!) On the carry all, I have them towards the top, figuring I could use them to keep something attached to it if need be, they probably won't get used much though.

Trailer hitch is out for sandblasting now, when I pick it up I'll paint and post more pics, and I'll be dropping off the carry all when I pick up the hitch.

/ 2 New attachments: trailer hitch and carry all #5  
Lookin gooder-un :thumbsup:

/ 2 New attachments: trailer hitch and carry all #6  
Looks good. How heavy is it? Do you have some kind of stand for it? I know it is quick hitch compatible I was just curious how difficult it was getting it up on the hitch.

/ 2 New attachments: trailer hitch and carry all #7  
------------------------------------------------------
I use the big tractor as a tow pig often with heavy dump trailers and my boat (It's much more maneuverable than the dually), so having a good strong trailer hitch is important.

I had some 4"x4"x.25" square tube drops I bought for scrap price from the steel supplier when I was picking up some fullsize pieces, and set out to make a HD trailer hitch. It is set up with a 2.5" lower receiver on the bottom, a 2" receiver up to for storing an additional 2" drop or an attachment like a vise, safety chain D rings as well as chain grabs for pulling. I also built two holders for waterproof boxes to hold chain, pins, etc... but I'm not sure where I want to put them yet.

View attachment 660994

View attachment 660995
And if needed you can add a top receiver for a gooseneck trailer. Like the Omni Mfg. Transformer Hitch has:

P4270001.JPG

P7280006.JPG