2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own??

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #31  
my grandpappy had a saying....if you get everything done today...what are you going to do tomorrow???? i have 4!!!! for a 100 acres..

I like that one. Told my wife, she did not see the same level of humor and wisdom in this sage advice as I did.

Reminds me of the joke, Wife, "What are you doing?" Husband, "Nothing." Wife, with a frown, "But you did that yesterday." Husband, "Yup. But I wasn't finished."

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #32  
I have two for my 11.29 acres. One 70 HP and one 26HP TLB. My go to is the B26. I used my P7010 for about 100 hours the first year but got most of my heavy work done. It is a 2010 and now only has 165 hours on it. Mostly used to till the garden and a little bush hogging. I did have to use it to pull my TLB out of the pond where it sank into some quicksand like wet soil once so I am glad I didn't sell it. 2 tractors are always good to have for stuck in the mud situations. I just hope I never stick the 70 HP one.

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #33  
We have two so we don't have to change implements. The Boomer 8N without FEL usually has the cutter attached for mowing so it is easy to get around trees. I also use it for tilling. The TC40DA has the arena drag on it as the arena has to be groomed several times a week. It also has the FEL so I use it for dirt work and pallet fork work.

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #34  
You should have as many tractors as possible, but, they ALL must be in the shed,,,

DSC_0145640x424.jpg

I would never own a tractor that sits outside.
Tractors go up in value if stored inside, and kept long enough.

Attachments do not seem to go up in value the way tractors do,,, so,, it is OK to keep attachments outside.

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #35  
Two tractors here. Just don't like changing attachments at times.

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #36  
When I bought my current tractor I kept the previous one for a few years.
The older one sat the majority of the time so I sold it. Just never seen the need for 2 tractors for my 15 acres.
With SSQA on the front loader and extendable lower link arms and sway bars on the 3 point, switching attachments takes minutes and easier than storing and maintaining 2 tractors IMO.

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #37  
I have 4

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #38  
I have two for my 11.29 acres. One 70 HP and one 26HP TLB. My go to is the B26. I used my P7010 for about 100 hours the first year but got most of my heavy work done. It is a 2010 and now only has 165 hours on it. Mostly used to till the garden and a little bush hogging. I did have to use it to pull my TLB out of the pond where it sank into some quicksand like wet soil once so I am glad I didn't sell it. 2 tractors are always good to have for stuck in the mud situations. I just hope I never stick the 70 HP one.

For what it would have cost me paying someone to come and get my machines unstuck would have bought at least 1/2 a tractor. It is good to have more than one machine.

Most times even a smaller tractor can get a big one unstuck , as long as the big one is still running and not completely sank. So when you start to realize that you are stuck, get the smaller tractor and another person and work it together before you bury the big one to where it can't be helped out of the mess you got it in. I have only had to save my 8,000 lb L39 twice with the excavator. other times the little tractors pulled it out.

In 13 years, I've never hung an implement off the hitch in the L39, Either I used other peoples tractors or my little ones for 3 Pt work.

I suggest keeping the smaller 4WD with loader. I put more hours on the Max28 than L39 and more hours on the L39 than my Excavator.
RTV900 is used several times a day..

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #39  
I am all for having more than one machine if the financial burden of purchasing and maintaining them doesn't get in the way. As a young man, I traded tractors quite regularly in hopes of finding the right one to do everything. Money was tight so having only one was my only option. No single machine fit the bill, even with all kinds of attachments. I now have 5 pieces of equipment (2 tractors) that are used to maintain 85 acres of sloping timber ground.

/ 2 Tractors or 1 Tractor? What do you own?? #40  
170 acres, 4 tractors, 95HP, 62HP TLB, 47HP and 24HP.