2000 to 1700 thermostart

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #1  

fig

Silver Member
Tractor
yanmar 1700
Hi to all

I have done a search and it sounds like the 2000 comes with thermostart (or did; looked at local 2000 but did not have) and I know that several parts are interchangeable, but is it possible to take the thermostart system from a 2000 and install on a 1700? Has anyone ever tried this and were could I find the parts (Hoye????)? Thanks for any responses.

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #2  
Are you sure the YM1700 does not have thermostart? I would think both models would have it since they share the same ignition switch with thermostart position.

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart
Norm
I can not swear that all 1700's don't have thermostart, but mine does not. The ignition switch will not turn counter-clockwise either. The switch is labeled for thermostart, but I would have to replace the ignition switch as well if I installed it on my 1700.

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #4  
I'll bet you have thermostart, just a bad ignition switch or key, and possibly missing bottle. My TS pos. quit working so I ordered new switch and keys. Found new keys would turn old switch to TS pos. and old key would turn new switch to TS.

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #5  
Save yourself some agravation. The T.S. position isn't necessary . If you turn the key to the start positon and do your count BEFORE you push in the clutch it will accomplish exactly the same thing. The TS position on my YM 195D doesn't work and that's what I do and it works just great!

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #6  
No agravation at all, new switch works fine. Sounds like you are saying thermostart works in the "start" position. Didn't know that.

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #7  
Norm,
My thermostart supplies power to the igniter when I engage ignition full left, but has no power when on or start. It may be diferent on the 1700 but not on my tractors. ........live and learn I guess.

Mark

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #8  
Mark,
On the 1700 I had, the thermostart never had power unless I turned the key to the left. In start position, it did nothing.

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart #9  
Pay attention, guys, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif that's the way ducksjunk says it works on his YM195.

/ 2000 to 1700 thermostart
Guys,

Thanks for the responses! With the air filter off and looking at the wiring on the tractor; I see nothing. What all am I missing? What exactly should I be looking for? I have not looked at the ignition switch yet to see if there is an extra connection for wiring to the thermostart or even if the key I have is the original key for that ignition switch, but it will not turn back to the TS position.