2002 TC 40 transmission heat

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat #11  
Put the correct NH fluid in it. That's not the right stuff.
Buying cheap fluid isn't always the answer. I happen tp use Rotella HD in one of my gear drive Kubota's but I'd never use it in a hydro.

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat #12  
After using the tractor for a long period of time the transmission gets extremely hot. its a 12/12 shuttle shift.
what could be causing this?
It's normal for transmission to get hot because the oil in the transmission gets hot from friction. The transmission is not 100% efficient so the losses due to friction and windage show up as heat which raises the fluid temperature which in turn raises the transmission case temperature.

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat
It's normal for transmission to get hot because the oil in the transmission gets hot from friction. The transmission is not 100% efficient so the losses due to friction and windage show up as heat which raises the fluid temperature which in turn raises the transmission case temperature.
what would you call the high range for normal heat?

Buying cheap fluid isn't always the answer. I happen tp use Rotella HD in one of my gear drive Kubota's but I'd never use it in a hydro.
this is not a hydro.

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat #16  
Don't matter really. Cheap fluid lacks the additive package that quality fluid does. Neither of mine are hydro's either.

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat #17  
what would you call the high range for normal heat?
I had the transmission case get hot to the touch when I was using my 7 ft drum mower to cut hay at 90°F. I'd guess it was about 115-120 °F.

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat #18  
Can you find a infrared heat gun to get a accurate measurement of the transmission case? What’s the outdoor air temperature been while you mow ?
What gear and engine rpm are you using while pulling implements? Maybe try a lower gear and lower rpm. If the transmission housing is reading 170* fluid is maybe 180* that in my opinion is about max . Your implement lift cylinder doesn’t have a internal leak ?

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat #19  
this is not a hydro.
But it does have a wet clutch for the PTO and wet brakes. Both are very expensive to replace vs buying the $100 for 5gal correct oil.

/ 2002 TC 40 transmission heat #20  
Has anyone had a problem using Shell Rotella HD? I thought that was the good stuff.