2003 TC35,40,45D RELAY DIAGRAM

/ 2003 TC35,40,45D RELAY DIAGRAM #1  

wuzrobbd

Tractor
NH TC45D
Does anyone have a diagram to accurately identify these relays? I have an 03 TC45D that is new to me. I purchased an owners manual from "agrimanuals" and a CD of a repair manual for the TC35,40, and 45 including D, both off Ebay. The diagrams therein do not match what I have on my tractor, although as far as I can tell the fuse box arrangement is the same. I've researched on Messicks, Partspring and New Holland sites for a relay identification and for this particular model all say "ART NOT AVAILABLE". I called my dealer here in Florida to ask for guidance. In looking up the diagram with the serial information I provided, the parts rep stated he had no diagram either, he had "ART NOT AVAILABLE". I asked him how they identify relays when there is no diagram present, and he replied "I don't know, I've never seen this happen".
I've seen this discrepancy hinted at in a couple of threads in the hours I've spent searching the forum for information, but none of them had a resolution. I have a suspicion my particular year was a transition into the newer TC 35,40 and 45 A and DA models. My relay cluster looks very close, but not quite the same, as the cluster found in the DA.

As I'm now into my 3rd day of my machine sitting idle when I really need to be spinning the hour counter on it, I'm asking the forum for any info. My apologies if I've missed an explanation or chart in a previous post.

The 1st diagram is the panel according to the manual:
CORRECTED 348880d1386349613-my-new-me-tc40d-dilemma-all-relays-jpg.jpg
The picture is what I actually have:
IMG_20170106_154817094.jpg

The 2nd diagram is the TC45DA, the next model in the TC series.
567096.jpg.gif

Last edited:
   / 2003 TC35,40,45D RELAY DIAGRAM #2  
I would use the DA diagram. I doubt NH designed a different panel for the D. The bottom 2 rows of the main panel and the four below it are the same for the A and the DA. The A just has the top row cut off which is for HST Low Range and Cruise Control. On the top row of the A the right relay is missing which would the middle row of the DA which is the HST High Range. The diagrams are on pages 32 and 33.

View attachment Sect55C1.pdf

/ 2003 TC35,40,45D RELAY DIAGRAM
Thanks so much for the diagram. Yes I'm going to go forward with the assumption the DA panel is more correct as mine seems to more closely resemble it.

What are your symptoms?

Chris

Hi Chris, right now I have a rats nest of symptoms:
-glow plug indicator will not come on on the dash. Previously it was.
-engine will turn over but not crank, not sure if glow plugs are even working
-fuel solenoid will not retract when wired through fuse/relay system (it will operate when wired direct)
-the notorious NH intermittent solenoid click upon key turn
-Fuse 2 has blown a couple of times

All 7 of my mini-relays have a heavily corroded bottom male spade. I'm in the process of ordering all new relays after doing an extensive cross reference search and finding compatible relays for 7$ vs 19 from the dealer. I'm ordering a glow plug timer off ebay for much less than dealer. I'm going to purchase the 4 pin glow plug power relay as well as two minis at the local auto supply and try to get the glow plug system and fuel solenoid working, which is where I ran into frustration when I tried to verify mini relay placement and found no diagram that resembled mine. I'm also taking the DMM and testing as much as I am able.

Upon advice from dealer I replaced the Safety Control Module with no effect. When I acquired the tractor the seat was already jumpered as well as (I suspect) the NSS.

By the by, does your relay panel look like mine or the one in the manual?

Thanks,
Robb

/ 2003 TC35,40,45D RELAY DIAGRAM #6  
There is no relay diagram in my manual nor in the online version but I got to wondering - clutching at straws, really - if there is a difference between US and European models. Can't see why there should be though.

/ 2003 TC35,40,45D RELAY DIAGRAM #7  
These pics are the relay layout on my 2003 TC35D
Photo032.jpgPhoto031.jpg

Thank you SO much for that tmain, it really helps! Did you have a schematic to follow or did you just have to manually sort out what relay went to which function by pulling them out?

/ 2003 TC35,40,45D RELAY DIAGRAM #9  
Thank you SO much for that tmain, it really helps! Did you have a schematic to follow or did you just have to manually sort out what relay went to which function by pulling them out?

I used the manual that came with my tractor, there are good electrical schematics in the back, and I am an electrician, so that helps.