2005 DK55

/ 2005 DK55 #1  

tiredoltractor

Tractor
2005 DK55
Hello guys,first time tractor owner here! I have a 2005 KIOTI DK55 4X4 and recently it quit going into 4wheel drive. I checked the switch and it has power going in and coming out! Any help would be greatly appreciated,needing 4 wheel drive bad here in S.E. Texas,can't get round bales in the pasture!

/ 2005 DK55 #2  
:welcome: I know zero about Kioti tractor but my Mitsubishi pick up had a similar 4WD issue. There was nothing wrong with the switch but the panel light was flashing and 4 wheel drive wouldn’t engage. Remembering what a mechanic once told me, I tried (a) switching 4WD on and off a few times and (b) with the switch on I moved forward and backward a few times. Eventually, albeit reluctantly, the 4 wheel drive engaged and got me out of a muddy patch. It has been fine ever since. Oh, the other important piece of advice from the mechanic was ‘use it or lose it’! Apparently, the 4WD actuator (or solenoid) will stick if not used for a long time. I now engage 4WD once a month.

/ 2005 DK55
I've worked the switch off and on a bunch with a no go! I've tried to find the solenoid with no luck and my local dealer wasn't a big help! Thanks for your reply!

/ 2005 DK55 #4  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Kioti section.

/ 2005 DK55 #6  
DK 35 owner here, should be a similar mechanism.

There is mechanical linkage to shift to 4x4, perhaps trace out that linkage and lubricate.

the switch is a normally open switch, the linkage when engaged closes the circuit and illuminates the dash indicator light (my dk35 anyhoo)

I've had more trouble disengaging than engaging... some OLD tips on this MB indicated turning the steering wheel hard left while trying to dis-engage the 4x4 seemed to help.

have more trouble remembering the direction for engagement and dis-engagement... have to look at the label :(
pretty sure down for 4x4 and pull up for 4x2.
good luck.

/ 2005 DK55 #7  
All I could find online was the PTO valve, it’s on top of the transmission housing, you may look around it or on the side of the transmission for another solenoid for the 4x4. You can buy hard copies or download service manuals for your tractor, that would help you. Some places you can even find a free pdf version to download on line.

/ 2005 DK55 #8  
Do you have a DK55 or DK55s? I think the original DK55 operated 4WD mechanically but my DK45s uses a hydraulic solenoid. Sounds like you have the solenoid version? If so, I'd try applying 12v directly to the solenoid to see if the hydraulic part is working.

Supplemental: If you are not sure of your exact model, give us the first four digits of the serial number. The first digit indicates the build year and the next three indicate the specific model. There are several flavors of DK55 (DK55, DK55s, DK55se, etc.). But even within each of those there were production changes. For example the DK45s came with two different engines, depending on serial number. The older service and owners manuals manual contain errors and are sketchy (not much detail) but they are available.

Last edited:
   / 2005 DK55
That's just it,I don't know where the S# is or the solenoid

/ 2005 DK55 #10  
The tractor serial # plate should be on the frame , left side up front just behind the brush guard. It will also show the model type.