2006 SLT series transaxles..

/ 2006 SLT series transaxles.. #1  

JTKub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet Z-Force 44
I was just browsing thru one of those nifty color CC adds (drooling is more like it.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I see under the specs for the Super Lawn Tractor SLT 1550 CC lists: "Automatic transmission with heavy-duty hydrostatic pump with exclusive oil drain port for long life". Can anyone confirm the drain plug? That's a huge improvment if this is true. I know CC used to spec the 1000 series as having a "serviceable" transaxle, but as far as I know, no easy access drain/fill port ever existed on them. C'mon fellers, crawl under!

Joel

/ 2006 SLT series transaxles..
I was just browsing thru one of those nifty color CC adds (drooling is more like it.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I see under the specs for the Super Lawn Tractor SLT 1550 CC lists: "Automatic transmission with heavy-duty hydrostatic pump with exclusive oil drain port for long life". Can anyone confirm the drain plug? That's a huge improvment if this is true. I know CC used to spec the 1000 series as having a "serviceable" transaxle, but as far as I know, no easy access drain/fill port ever existed on them. C'mon fellers, crawl under!

Joel

/ 2006 SLT series transaxles.. #3  
I have a SLT 1550 bought Sunday @ Home Depot , per the owners manual I do not see a drain on mine ,, but on the side of tranny possible Allen type looking plug .... but that doesn't match book.

In the owners manual tranny info is on page 27 , download @ Home depot site . I've down loaded the parts manual from CC I don’t see on the list a drain plug for mine.

/ 2006 SLT series transaxles.. #4  
I have a SLT 1550 bought Sunday @ Home Depot , per the owners manual I do not see a drain on mine ,, but on the side of tranny possible Allen type looking plug .... but that doesn't match book.

In the owners manual tranny info is on page 27 , download @ Home depot site . I've down loaded the parts manual from CC I don’t see on the list a drain plug for mine.

/ 2006 SLT series transaxles.. #5  
There is a drain on the SLT and the GT 1500. I asked my dealer when those models came out last year and he said, its not very convenient. You have to jack up the rear of the tractor, remove a nut or possibly allen screw to drain. If I remember filling was a challenge, but its been a while. I believe there is an internal filter that is not accessible nor changeable. Since they only hold 2 qts or so, its nice that you can change the fluid, but nothing like the cast irons with spin on filters when you spend a little more on a 2500 series.

/ 2006 SLT series transaxles.. #6  
There is a drain on the SLT and the GT 1500. I asked my dealer when those models came out last year and he said, its not very convenient. You have to jack up the rear of the tractor, remove a nut or possibly allen screw to drain. If I remember filling was a challenge, but its been a while. I believe there is an internal filter that is not accessible nor changeable. Since they only hold 2 qts or so, its nice that you can change the fluid, but nothing like the cast irons with spin on filters when you spend a little more on a 2500 series.