2006 tn-75

/ 2006 tn-75 #1  

musselmark

Silver Member
Tractor
'05 NH TN75DA
I found a used 2006 TN-75 with 800hours , powershift trans.cab and loader for $29000.00 How is this price and is there anything in particular that is problematic with these tractors? Thanks for any help.

/ 2006 tn-75 #2  
I have a TN-70S with cab, power-shuttle, and NH loader, and overall I love it. I especially like the SuperSteer - once you get used to the adverse-steer, it's great (but that's probably not relevant to the machine you're looking at since it has standard steer). I'll bet there is some room in the price to come down - but overall if the machine is in good shape and has been taken care of, it's a fair price.

The only problems I've had with my tractor are related to the power-shuttle transmission. A few months after I first bought it, I got stranded in a really bad place and had to push/pull myself out with the backhoe and the loader. It turned out to be a faulty ECU, which I was told was common. About two weeks ago, the tractor started acting 'weird' when engaging the power shuttle forward/reverse. I couldn't really put my finger on it - it just didn't seem to engage quite 'right', but since it still worked, I didn't pay much attention to it. Then, I was on a jobsite about a week ago and when I went to put it into forward, I got the blinking transmission failure light and an error code of "41" which seems to indicate a failure someplace in the forward power shuttle engagement solenoid. Reverse still worked, so I was able to get it to a spot where I could leave it and try and fix it. It's still sitting in-op as I'm trying to figure out whether I can fix it myself or need to have it dragged down to a dealer for repairs.

So, other than the power shuttle problems, the tractor has been great and I would buy another.

/ 2006 tn-75
I went to see the tractor I mentioned and when I got there the owner said something went wrong with the power shift and it would not go forward or reverse. I then found another one identical at the NH dealer and bought it today. It's and '05 with 780 hours and in really good shape with NH loader. Originally they were asking 35000 but I got them down to $29000 with 30day bumper to bumper warrantee and 90 day 50/50 warrantee. This one is a TN-75DA where as the other one was a TN-75A what does the D represent? It has a 16 X 16 power shift.

/ 2006 tn-75 #4  
Good to have a little warranty coverage on it. i have a 2009 TN75DA. Not a clue what the DA stands for. RickB might know. My unit has a 16x16 mechanical shuttle, works good. You'll like the 16x16 over a 12x12.

FWIW- i stole mine, i think. It was a yr old with 300 hours, FEL/90x BH w hyd thumb/factory cab/rimgaurd and tire chains. $32,000.00