Loader 2007 3240 - Loader and Bucket Connection Help

/ 2007 3240 - Loader and Bucket Connection Help #1  

waystick

Tractor
Montana
Good afternoon,

I have a new to me Montana 3240 (I'm also a tractor newbie). I want to look at a new bucket to replace the worn one on the loader, but cannot figure out the connection type?

Can anyone assist with that?

Thanks!

Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_7016.jpg
    IMG_7016.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_7018.jpg
    IMG_7018.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_7026.jpg
    IMG_7026.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_7027.jpg
    IMG_7027.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 228
   / 2007 3240 - Loader and Bucket Connection Help #2  
If your loader has curved arms as apposed to strait arms with a welded joint to get to the bucket your loader was built by Ameriquip in Wisconsin. The strait arm loader my have been built by them also. The problem is even if they did build it is I doubt if they have built buckets for it in the last ten years. But they might know who else used it, since Montana is gone.

Short history, in the old days the arms and cylinders were pinned directly to the bucket nobody ever changed the bucket so that was fine. Then customers wanted to be able to change buckets or use pallet forks. All the manufacturers built a proprietary Quick change system, which is what you have (I think John Deere had one similar) and today most use Skid Steer Quick Attach.

So today I think your cheapest option would be to fix your old bucket

Next would be have one custom built or have one modified with your brackets.

And the most expensive would be get a SSQA bracket that pins onto your arms and cylinder replacing the bracket that you are measuring, and then buy a SSQA bucket that is cheaper then the custom built bucket. Definitely the most expensive option but if you see yourself wanting more attachments in the future it might be cheaper in the long run.

Sorry for the doom and gloom
Gary

/ 2007 3240 - Loader and Bucket Connection Help #3  
You have the original Montana sliding-pin style quick attach. Mine came with the exact same type and I built a SSQA to replace it. My recommendation is to source parts to convert yours to the now-standard skid steer type. I think you will find lots of options online.

If you have the resources to fab your own, read about my SS retrofit in my signature.

Last edited:
   / 2007 3240 - Loader and Bucket Connection Help
You have the original Montana sliding-pin style quick attach. Mine came with the exact same type and I built a SSQA to replace it. My recommendation is to source parts to convert yours to the now-standard skid steer type. I think you will find lots of options online.

If you have the resources to fab your own, read about my SS retrofit in my signature.

Mike - thanks a tonne. Like stomping Tom, “I’ve searched everywhere man...” to buy one from the big producers, HLA, ATI, etc. The Montana one has everyone puzzled.

Looks like this is the only option. Any chance you kept the CAD drawing? If so, any chance you’d share it? If not, want to sell yours? LOL