2007 JD 2520 starts then immediately shuts down

/ 2007 JD 2520 starts then immediately shuts down #1  

Charlie F

Tractor
lefty32
ive been looking at a previous post on this subject. basically the tractor starts , then immediately shuts down. from my research, its one of three things, 1 the fuel solenoid. 2 the v4 diode. 3 the signal to the solenoid. i have a test light. i disconnected the wiring to the solenoid. there are 3 ports on the connector. when i go to crank the engine i get a light on one but not the other two. does this mean its the signal and not the solenoid? any help would be greatly appreciated

/ 2007 JD 2520 starts then immediately shuts down #2  
Get a service manual and a digital multimeter.
The service manual should tell you a voltage range on which wire. One is likely a signal wire from/to the computer, one a voltage wire from the computer and the last a ground.
Too much or little voltage and the computer may shut it down. A service manual should tell you the testing procedure. There are places for test lights but not many on a computer controlled machine.

/ 2007 JD 2520 starts then immediately shuts down #3  
Then again it could be your fuel system,
bad filter
bad fuel pump
dirty injectors
fuel tank cap plugged

then you have your electrical system
weak battery
shut off not working
etc

willy

/ 2007 JD 2520 starts then immediately shuts down #4  
The 3 wire run solenoids typically have 2 coils in them, 1 is an opening coil and the 2nd is a hold coil. It sounds like the hold coil is either not getting power or is not functional.

As stated, get a volt meter and start testing.

/ 2007 JD 2520 starts then immediately shuts down
do you know where the diode is that operates the hold coil?

/ 2007 JD 2520 starts then immediately shuts down #6  
do you know where the diode is that operates the hold coil?

Just a guess internal to the computer, in a car it would be. My tractor is pre computer.