2008 Kioti DK45S

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #11  
Hate my Kioti, lots of little things break. The head gasket went at 500 hours. The cooling radiator for the hydrolic fluid went at 200 hours. Now at 1100 hours the tractor is sitting in the middle of my field with run away RPMS.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #13  
In the case of diesels the injection pumps has gears that turn by way of a tooth rail that opens and closes the amount of fuel injected which controls engine speed as well as shut off the engine when fully closed unlike on a gas engine where the rpm is controlled by the amount of air through the intake. In the case of the Kioti's there was cases where the fuel solenoid would slam the rail to the point that it would break the teeth off of the rotating gears in the pump and jam the pump in the closed position which would prevent start, or in the full open position which would prevent the governor from controlling the engine speed similar to your gas engine failure.
So I have a 2005 with almost 900 hours on it. Is this "failure" widespread enough to consider proactively addressing replacing the parts? Thx

FYI I always use Power Service and Opti-Lube XPD in my fuel if that has any relevance to the issue.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #14  
It’s 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other..
It’s more than likely gonna happen and it’s easier to remove the pump if the control rack isn’t stuck..

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #15  
So I have a 2005 with almost 900 hours on it. Is this "failure" widespread enough to consider proactively addressing replacing the parts? Thx

FYI I always use Power Service and Opti-Lube XPD in my fuel if that has any relevance to the issue.
The early 2005 models didn't have that issue. I think the cutoff build when they made the change to the problem pumps was June or July of 2005. The models that can be shut off by either turning the key, or pulling a knob on the lower right dash to shut off the engine are fine.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #16  
The early 2005 models didn't have that issue. I think the cutoff build when they made the change to the problem pumps was June or July of 2005. The models that can be shut off by either turning the key, or pulling a knob on the lower right dash to shut off the engine are fine.
Ok thx. I bought mine in March of 2005 and it has the pull to shut off the fuel just to the left of the key and shuts off with the key switch.