2008 Kubota L3940

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #31  
Congratulations. Looks good. Looks like it has everything. A word of caution. When I first got my tractor, there was a time when I wasn't watching the bucket - I was close in back watching there. Bucket hit the corner post of the carport - ripped it right out, - had to replace it. When I work close to the house or something else, I like it if my wife or someone watches how close the bucket is. It sure is easy to hit something - It will remove it before you can stop. Your post made me remember that. Take your time to get used to it. don't get in a hurry. Tractor looks like a good find and have fun.

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #32  
I do like HST too sir , but i guess i have to get this one. GST is not that bad

I think that GST is a very good & durable gearbox. It's a nice compromise between the convenience of HST and the economy of straight gears. Especially good for bushhogging.

That tractor sounds like a good machine at a fair price. I doubt you will do much better given the times.
Well, I just read that you found an L39 for $25K. So you did do better if the machine is in good shape.
rScotty

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #33  
I was a little surprised that you could find a Glide transmission. Even it you were not looking for GST. They are a sometimes hard to find and most dealers have only choose special order new ones. Of course, I guess they are special ordering everything now in these times. The GST does not use more hp like the HST. I think you will like it.

Last edited:
   / 2008 Kubota L3940
I was a little surprised that you could find a Glide transmission. Even it you were not looking for GST. They are a sometimes hard to find and most dealers have only choose special order new ones. Of course, I guess they are special ordering everything now in these times. The GST does not use more hp like the HST. I think you will like it.
Thank you sir, and yes i do like the GST. It work really well i can shift it without engaging the clutch. The HST is too loud and fuel consumption is bad.

/ 2008 Kubota L3940
I think that GST is a very good & durable gearbox. It's a nice compromise between the convenience of HST and the economy of straight gears. Especially good for bushhogging.

That tractor sounds like a good machine at a fair price. I doubt you will do much better given the times.
Well, I just read that you found an L39 for $25K. So you did do better if the machine is in good shape.
rScotty

rScotty
Yes sir, at first i was going to purchase the L3940 but i was nervous because he has new engine put on, so i pass the deal. It took me a while to find this L39. It was not my intention to buy this L39 i just found it online and decided to get it. And you're the one who tell me to buy the canvas to protect the operator platform on my thread sir. Thank you again mr Scotty.