2009 Mahindra Truck

/ 2009 Mahindra Truck #1  

bdeboer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2402D
Has any else seen the interview with John Perez from Mahindra on pickuptruck.com? The article is under featured content. I am not sure if I can post the link to this article. Sounds like they will have crew cab and regular cab versions with an emissions compliant diesel. IMHO it looks similar to the 2004 and older Tacoma. I wish the US auto companies would also take a serious look at introducing a small diesel here. I did find this link on Mahindra's us auto website.

GV-USA | Global Vehicles USA.

I thought it was interesting if nothing else.

/ 2009 Mahindra Truck #2  
A month or two ago, GM announced they will introduce a smaller version of the Duramax to be used in H2's, SUV's and I think their 1500 series trucks. Maybe even their small trucks (but I'm not sure about that). I think it is a 4.5 liter diesel engine (Can't remember the exact size though).

/ 2009 Mahindra Truck #4  
I've been following this guy for a long time. He had tried to bring in the Romanian ARO brand of SUV's since 1999. But got into problems with the Government or People in the Government. "They said, he said" type of thing and nothing ever come out of it except for the demise of ARO. But I do believe with M&M standing behind him now, that things will be different. I personally can't wait to see what the price points will be.

ARO "RIP" ;(
Will the Romanian Cross Lander SUV ever come over?

Last edited:
   / 2009 Mahindra Truck #6  
Builder said:
Good luck with 'em boys.........can't wait to see what service/parts/repairs are on those.:eek:

Probably just as good as my local Ford dealer taking seven days to change the oil filter on my 2001 F-350 Dually with a check engine light blinking at me. Code was for fuel pressure out of range. They ran test after test and talked to Dearborn several times before deciding to change the fuel filter which was changed 2500 miles earlier at its proper service interval.

John
Just saying.

/ 2009 Mahindra Truck #7  
bdeboer said:
Has any else seen the interview with John Perez from Mahindra on pickuptruck.com? The article is under featured content. I am not sure if I can post the link to this article. Sounds like they will have crew cab and regular cab versions with an emissions compliant diesel. IMHO it looks similar to the 2004 and older Tacoma. I wish the US auto companies would also take a serious look at introducing a small diesel here. I did find this link on Mahindra's us auto website.

GV-USA | Global Vehicles USA.

I thought it was interesting if nothing else.
Old news, posted here before, most recently in the Mahindra Forum. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra/106032-mahindra-vehicles-2009-a.htm

/ 2009 Mahindra Truck #8  
i was looking at the navistar site and saw that there is a partnership of some sort between navistar and mahindra. i wasn't aware of this but it would have a dealer network available through international truck dealers. the truck does look like a toyota.

/ 2009 Mahindra Truck #10  
bdeboer said:
I wish the US auto companies would also take a serious look at introducing a small diesel here.
Chrysler has a diesel powered Jeep, the Jeep Liberty CRD. If memory serves, it displaces 2.7 liters, is a common rail design, and is built in Italy. The same engine is offered in the large commercial Dodge van, the Sprinter. I talked to an owner of one of those who was getting 23 MPG.

Dodge could offer one in the Ram series, if they were on the ball, but they don't. They probably don't want to canabalize their Cummins sales.