200cx loader

/ 200cx loader
Do you think that there is any benefit or need for floating forks, or will fixed forks cover it? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 200cx loader #12  
By floating, I assume you mean they can slide to adjust the width. I usually leave mine set at the same width. About the only time I spread them all the way out is to "spear" and move piles of brush. So, I guess I think it is a useful feature, but I wouldn't pay a lot extra for it.

/ 200cx loader #13  
Davkir:

What is that thing connected to your 3 point?

Also, where do you get your horse stall mats?
Locally, I can't find any Equine supply store here in Phoenix that has them in stock.

Are the forks you use from JD? What is the retail cost on them if you don't mind my asking?

Also, how's that modified toplink working out? (older post from you).

/ 200cx loader #14  
It's a harrow held up off of the ground with a boom pole and some chain.
Has lots of uses including leveling ground the horses have torn up, breaking up piles of manure, preping riding arenas..etc. They have tines that stick up on one side so you can use it smooth side down or with the tines down at two different angles depending on which way you drag it.

I get my mats from Tractor Supply Co., but I don't know if they have any stores where you are. Usually where there are farmers, there is some kind of a farm supply store that sells that kind of stuff.

The forks are from www.horstwelding.com/hla.php. They are less money then the ones from J.D. and they weigh about 200 lbs. less. They fit my 200CX loader perfectly. Every lb. counts with our "little" tractors and it still takes quite a bit of ballast to lift heavy loads safely. I think they were about $650.

Shortened top link works fine on some things, some things work better with the original J.D. one. I guess in a perfect world I would like one the adjusts from about 12" to 36"!!!

/ 200cx loader #15  
I hear you there. I have a shortened one and the JD original. Sometimes I have to swap to get the pitch I want. One that could go from 12 to 36 would be great. Thanks for the URL of the place where you picked up the forks. I will check it out.

The drag (harrow) looks interesting. I use a piece of chain link fence currently.