Oil & Fuel 200hr service on L3240-HST

/ 200hr service on L3240-HST #1  

Jeff59Va

Tractor
Kubota L3240HST, Kubota RTV1120D, Kubota BX2380
I have a L3240-HST that I bought used a couple of years ago and it's coming up on 200 hours. For the 200 hour service, Kubota says to replace the "transmission oil filter (HST)", but not the fluid. The fluid was done previously and it looks like new, so I am just doing the filter. So, 2 questions:

1. For the 200 hour service, the owners manual says "drain the oil completely" - I assume I just skip this step if not changing the fluid also - is that correct? Seems odd that the manual would say that under the 200 hour section.

2. Which filter is supposed to be changed? When I went to dealer today, I assumed that they would know, but seemed unsure. I ended up with "high pressure" one, the smaller one on the left side of the tractor with the indentations around the base. Is this the right one to replace?

Thanks!

/ 200hr service on L3240-HST #2  
I have a B3030 with two hydraulic filters. I don't know if this will help you, but the HST filter on my tractor sits on the driver side of the tractor and is mounted perpendicular to the tractor. The other filter is parallel to the tractor and on the other side.

/ 200hr service on L3240-HST #3  
You probably already figured this out but yes, the filter on the left side with the indentations on the base. It was pretty easy to change on my L3540.

HP

/ 200hr service on L3240-HST #4  
I have a 3240 also. I did my 200 hour years ago and now time to do the 400hr. To the readers (not likely the OP): yes, ignore that message about draining the fluid when not replacing it. I think it was an error in the manual.

/ 200hr service on L3240-HST #5  
Although I can't speak for the 3240, the transmission (HST) filter is on the left side under the step on both my L3010 and L3430 HST tractors. The manuals also say to drain the oil first but in my experience, it isn't necessary.