2011 Silverado - No Start

/ 2011 Silverado - No Start
Thanks all.

I spoke to him last night, but the connection was bad. I think he is convinced that its a Security issue, but I couldn't mention the ground idea. I'll try again tonight.

/ 2011 Silverado - No Start #12  
I knew it....a bad phone connection was the problem all along!!!!!

/ 2011 Silverado - No Start #13  
.....convinced that its a Security issue,
If it is, the key icon on the dash will be flashing.
I know when I put a remote start in the S10 I had, I found out that if it attempts to start 3 times and it won't because of a security problem (wrong programmed key for example) it'll disable the start for 30 minutes. Don't ask how I found that out...........Mike

/ 2011 Silverado - No Start #14  
Sounds very much like poor/corroded battery cable connections, either positive to starter or negative to engine/frame/body.

/ 2011 Silverado - No Start
Well he cleaned up the battery cable ends and said he got it started. Then all of the lights came on in the dash (CEL, Brake, ABS, etc.). It ran, so he drove it to the dealer about ten miles away. He said it ran fine other than the glow of all those lights. The dealer called him and said that the ABS module needed to be replaced? Its there right now being fixed, for what sounds like a small amount ($400 in parts, a couple hours labor).

I know these trucks have like 11 separate computer modules that work as a "team", but I find it hard to believe that these issues are related. When I see him for fathers day, I'll look over the invoice. Seems odd to me.

/ 2011 Silverado - No Start #17  
Good luck crash....it is tough when you don't live near him so it is easier to help.