2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor #1  

JFahey

Tractor
Ford 851 Powermaster 2009 TYM T503 cab/loader tractor
I need price advice on a 2012 Massey 1643 loader tractor with 695 hours on it. Looks like it spent some time outside but not abused looking. Is it worth $22,000? I drove it around today and it goes nice. Everything in the cab works. Is this a descent deal?

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor #2  
Is that one at bobcat of buffalo?

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor
Yes. That’s the one.

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor #4  
Looks good I found one more 2013 920 hours for 26,300

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor #5  
Offer them 20k and see if you can get a warranty

I asked about a warranty. They only sell bobcat so they won’t warrenty a Massey. It was traded in and said $21,500 is the absolute lowest they would go to not lose money. I’m torn. For another 7k I can get a Korean version that’s brand new. I’d rather have a Massey though.

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor #7  
7k is alot plus the new machine has all the emissions crap

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor #8  
7k is alot plus the new machine has all the emissions crap

21k with cab in good shape, doesn't sound too bad. Only way to find one for less is no cab or more hours. Ask if you can put it through its paces. Let it run and check it over best you can. Search that model with word "problems" and note any associated concerns that you can check out. Maybe figure that for money saved on new any small problems that creep up in short term...don't sweat it. Any passed basic service info available on it?

Btw, any Massey dealers near you?

I ran it today for about 15 minutes. Started easily after 1 glow plug cycle at about 33 degrees. There’s a Massey dealer about a half hour from my house which is nice. Thanks for all the advice. I’ll take as many pointers as I can get.

/ 2012 Massey 1643 cab/loader tractor #10  
If the dealer that is near you is Java, they are top notch. I've had several dealings with them. I had a MF1643 Cab with powershuttle that I traded in on a MF 1754 hydro 1 1/2 years ago. I owned the MF1643 for 4 years. Overall, it was a decent tractor, not the most powerful FEL in the world. Good pulling power for stumps in low gear. Good PTO power. The cab air condioning and heat worked great! A lot better than my current MF1754. Nice not having the Tier IV emissions on the MF1643. I always stored it inside and when I traded it to the dealer it had approximately 400 hours on it. Tractor was mint. The dealer sold it pretty quickly and if I remember correctly was asking somewhere around $24/$25k for it and I believe they were going to put a limited warranty on it.

If you are worried about the mechanicals on the tractor and Java is near you, maybe you can talk them into sending a tech to check it out at the Bobcat shop. Might be worth a couple of bucks to have it checked out by a Massey dealer since the the Bobcat dealership isn't offering a warranty on the tractor. In my dealings with Java, if that is your local dealer, they have been very reasonable. Piece of mind might be worth a couple of hundred bucks?

Check the 3 point arms. Hard to tell from the pictures but looks like one arm is high. Could just be adjusted up. Make sure that the arms aren't bent. Also, check the loader arms for bending. Some individuals use compact tractors like bulldozers and that can be tough on FEL.

I saw it was asked before, any service history on the tractor. Did you check all fluid levels? When was last sevice and what was done?

Also, what are you planning on doing with the tractor?

$7k savings versus a new tractor buys a lot of implements.