2012 NH T4.75 buying advice

/ 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice #1  

GrnMtnMan

Tractor
JD 5425, NH T4.75, NH TC40DA
I just want to say 'Thank You' to all of you on the forum! I really got a lot of good feedback and advice when buying my NH TC40DA.

So I have a $1000 dollar deposit on a 2012 NH T4.75 with a 655TL loader (open station) 240 some hours! I'm probably one of the few that specifically does not want a cab, lol... I'm buying from Mast Tractor sales in Ohio & there is the potentiality of my showing up there w/ truck and trailer and being 'wow-ed' by a similar orange or green paint in that 75hp range etc... I'm replacing a 2015 JD 5065e tractor that I recently purchased from them - burnt to a crisp in a barn fire.

- I did not like the visibility over the hood w/ all the TierIV emissions on the JD 5065e....
- I did not like the weight of the tractor in general on the 5065e... (felt like a 'hobby farmer') tractor compared to my JD 5425... (tires loaded w/ double wheel weights)

I'm a little apprehensive of the NH 655TL loader just not measuring up to what I just lost w/ the h240 JD loader. (any anecdotal thoughts on that matter)... ? I know that it sits a little lower for visibility etc.

- I am going to be wanting to add a WR Long 3rd function... do you thing that I should have them do it there in Ohio... ? They are putting in a block heater for me at $350 extra. Also specified is a 84" bucket as 6' just will not do...

Thanks All for your pondering my query...

GrnMtnMan,

Attachments

• img.axd7.jpg
    img.axd7.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
  • img.axd5.jpg
    img.axd5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210525_133454618_HDR.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210525_133454618_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210525_133438614_HDR.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210525_133438614_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
   / 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice #2  
With only 240 hours - the NH T4.75 is just barely broken in - if even that. I do not like cabbed tractors. Both of mine have been/are open station. I had the Kubota dealer install my WR Long 3rd function. I have a Land Pride SGC 1560 grapple on the FEL.
They did an excellent job - never had a moments problem with the tractor or 3rd function.

If you are considering a grapple - do something like I've done to your grill guard. Sticks, stobs, limbs have a very nasty habit of damaging your grill, radiator or battery.
IMG_0011 2.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg

/ 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice #3  
Congrats on the new tractor. If they can do it before you go to get it, I so go for it. That way it is work ready when you get it home.

/ 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice
Thanks @ 'oosik' - that is a nice looking tractor & VERY impressive front grill guard (I'm taking note) ! I like the grappel attahment that you have, however, I will be initally going with what I just lost... Titan from palletforks.com. This prarticular grappel has met & exceded all my expectations - loading a log on my saw mill / picking up brush... Unfortunately it's over $300 dollars more than when I bought it a couple years ago... ***** admin. & inflation is a *****!!!

Attachments

• 124111_01.jpg
    124111_01.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 141
   / 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice #5  
That's a really fine looking grapple - GrnMtnMan. Everybody I talked to when I was making the "grapple decision" said 72", at least. I've found the 60" grapple to be more than adequate. The ONLY time larger would help - gathering and handling large volumes of brush. My only "gathering and handling" is the cleanup of the limbs from a pine I've fallen. Maybe 2 to 3 trees every five years or so.
It's nice to have an implement that you have had experience with. It's even nicer to not have to buy it again.

/ 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice
It would be really appreciated if anyone had some anecdotal experience / thoughts on the following... (NH T4.75 Tractor pre-emissions 2012 - NH 655TL loader etc.)

- NH mechanical 12 shifter ~ (with the power reverser / shifter on my recently deceased JD 5065e I never broke myself of the habit of stopping & clutching anyway) so I'm not sure that I'll notice much difference in the NH being mechanical. But If any of y'all have experience with the mechanical 12 - I'd love to hear from you.

- I could easily switch my deposit for a JD 5075e @ about the same cost as the NH - I'm just wanting the blue paint at this point & wanting to get away from some of the gripes I had w/ the JD emmisions, hood size and general tractor weight. The NH does come with bigger rubber too, same size as what is on my JD 5425 16.9 x 30 & 11.2 x 24

- there is relatively paltry specs on the internet regarding the NH 655TL loader (non self leveling I think - but have to confirm) It's not going to lift quite as high as the JD h240 (me thinks) which only comes into play as the new barn I'm having built will have 2nd floor doors at approximately 15.5'. I want to be able to load up stuff in the bucket & reach up to those doors. I've also heard tell that the NH655TL loader might be a little slower in the hydraulic department.

Tks all, for you comments & smart remarks...

P.S. I'm still 1.5 - 2 wk's out from being able to pick the tractor up at Mast Tractor Sales llc in Ohio. Apparently they are doing brisk business at the moment & my tractor still has to work its way through the queue into their shop for the pre-sale inspections, fluid changes etc.

Last edited:
   / 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice #7  
Sorry I'm late to the party. I bought my T4.75 with almost the exact hours as the one you were looking at. Mine is a cab model. It has over 1000 hours now a has been a pleasure to own. The brush guard would be a nice add on as I've scratched the nose a time or two.

/ 2012 NH T4.75 buying advice #8  
Pre-emissions is incorrect. It's a Tier III emissions compliant tractor. It would have to be more than a dozen years older to be pre-emissions.
But good luck with your new ride.