2013 Mahindra 3016 Shuttle Loss of power

/ 2013 Mahindra 3016 Shuttle Loss of power #1  

taylor.coulon

Tractor
2013 Mahindra 3016 Shuttle
Hi guys I'm in need of some help with my tractor. I'm having to pull my fuel line off at the fuel bowl, push air towards the tank and once the air comes out the fuel bowl I'm good to go. I reinstall the line and the tractor will run perfect for about ten minutes, under load or not. So far I have drained the tank and used a shop vac to remove any debris/dirt. Used a straight pick to going into the barbed fitted for the fuel line into the tank to verify no blockage. Replaced all fuel lines from the tank to the electric pump. New fuel filter, there is not fuel shut off valve to be clogged. Air filter is brand new. I removed pump and tested with a tank and bucket it pumps perfectly fine. I can drain the fuel bowl, reinstall and turn key its fills in just seconds. The fuel cap gasket is crapped out, but I have tried running it with no fuel cap and it still does it. Maybe the return line for the high pressure fuel pump to the tank is clogged? I'm pretty good with diesels but this one has me stumped. Any help is much appreciated, Thank you

/ 2013 Mahindra 3016 Shuttle Loss of power #2  
You mention that you tested the pump with another tank. Is it possible to run a line into that tank and see how the tractor runs on it? I suspect you have a problem with the fuel line coming from the tank or there is still something in the tank.

/ 2013 Mahindra 3016 Shuttle Loss of power #3  
Weak hose which is collapsing (on vacuum pull)?

If you have a vacuum pump (like a Mity-Vac) you can hook it to the line at the IP and going back to the tank and pull vacuum to see if it's holding up. Otherwise...

Pull fuel from a separate container with short, new line (use an inline filter on the line). To rule out, also route a short line from the return to the container. This will rule in/out the fuel tank and associated lines.

I've had a couple fuel delivery issues over the years with my NX. First was due to icing (ice blockage at the nipple/outlet from the tank- never encountered this with anything before*- tossed in some Diesel Service 911 and that was that). Second problem ended up being due to a stick being wedged against the fuel line (not far from the tank).

* I later found out that I was getting water in my fuel due to a crappy fuel cap (new, cheap piece of ...).

Fingers crossed that it's not an issue with your IP.

Last edited: