2015 mahindra model 4550 start and running problem

/ 2015 mahindra model 4550 start and running problem #1  

straitbo449

Tractor
mahindra mod # 4550
this is a low hour service tractor with about 100 hrs on it...about a year ago i had to prime the fuel pump plunger to get my tractor to start ..after a couple of times it would finally start and run....now i have to do the same thing but as soon as i stop pumping the plunger the tractor dies...i can stand there all day pumping the plunger and it will run but as soon as you stop pumping it dies.....any suggestions on what might be wrong...i get the following obd codes-----P 1801----P 1804----P 0000----P 0001 and P 2001...my scanner is an oxgord MS300 CAN OBDll scan tool...need help please........thank you all who respond..............can use email if preferred straitbo449@yahoo.com

/ 2015 mahindra model 4550 start and running problem #2  
Quite likely, OBD scanner don't work on tractors. The codes you got might not be correct.
Obviously, you have a fuel supply problem. Check for free fuel flow from tank to filter, to lift pump if there is one and check operation. Follow flow to injection pump. Change filter if not done already.
The way your problem started, it looks like your system is losing prime. Any leaks or wet spots on the ground?

/ 2015 mahindra model 4550 start and running problem
Quite likely, OBD scanner don't work on tractors. The codes you got might not be correct.
Obviously, you have a fuel supply problem. Check for free fuel flow from tank to filter, to lift pump if there is one and check operation. Follow flow to injection pump. Change filter if not done already.
The way your problem started, it looks like your system is losing prime. Any leaks or wet spots on the ground?
thanks...i will go through the fuel system ,look for clogged lines and such...the code p0001 (not a very common trouble code but is more often seen on common rail diesel ,which mine is (MCRD)....all it states is that there is a fuel volume regulator control circuit open and it may be electrical problem running from the (ECM)engine computer to the fuel pressure regulator...but this is a general code and not specific to any vehicle or like you stated to farm tractors and may not work....i will ckeck /change filters again and check/clean all lines from tank to their destinations....very helpful....why can't they make things like in the old days...so much easier back then when your own brain was the scanner and knew what to look for and fix,lol.... i hope this is the fix and it's not some ECM problem....thanks very much for your input...

/ 2015 mahindra model 4550 start and running problem #4  
You're ringing a bell. I had a suction control valve fail. That's what JD calls it. It caused a no start situation. The code on the built in monitor was low fuel rail pressure.
It's weird that yours runs as long as you pump the primer pump. Which makes me think your problem might be the fuel supply.

/ 2015 mahindra model 4550 start and running problem
been so busy working haven't had much tractor time...i'm going to tear into it next week...i'll post what i find.......