2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ???

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Wife and I have been kicking around the idea of buying one of the cars listed above.The car would NOT be our every day driver more like old farts weekend cruiser and parked for our michigan winters.Test drove all three but leaning towards the dodge challenger 392 hemi scat pack auto trans because it has better side/rear vision verses the other 2.Any thoughts verses ford,chevy,dodge?Good bad or ugly let them rip..

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #2  
I've owned a 2010 Challenger RT Classic since it was brand new. I owned and restored a 70 Challenger in the late 80's and had it about 15 years. When the late model ones came out, I had to have one.

Taking a step back and trying to be unbiased, the Challenger is the largest and heaviest. This works for it and against. It has the most room inside, a very roomy trunk, but that works against it from the handeling point of view. On paper, depending on what you get, the Mustang and Camaro out perform the Dodge. All of them are great performers though.

The Challenger has a little of the feeling of looking out gun slits, but the Camaro is much worse and the Mustang isn't much better. They all suck looking straight back but back up cameras come on a lot of them.

Looks? If you are into the retro look, the Challenger wins hands down. In my opinion, the best looking of the three by far, with the Mustang looking good to me also. No insult to Camaro owners but they just haven't grown on me.

The Scat Pak is a great buy, less than the SRT but very close in performance. If you want a better cruiser that rides a little better, look at an RT. I own an RT but would much rather have a 392 car.

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ???
I've owned a 2010 Challenger RT Classic since it was brand new. I owned and restored a 70 Challenger in the late 80's and had it about 15 years. When the late model ones came out, I had to have one.

Taking a step back and trying to be unbiased, the Challenger is the largest and heaviest. This works for it and against. It has the most room inside, a very roomy trunk, but that works against it from the handeling point of view. On paper, depending on what you get, the Mustang and Camaro out perform the Dodge. All of them are great performers though.Went for a ride in my neighbors 2016 hellcat "HOLY JESUS"to much power for us..LOL

The Challenger has a little of the feeling of looking out gun slits, but the Camaro is much worse and the Mustang isn't much better. They all suck looking straight back but back up cameras come on a lot of them.

Looks? If you are into the retro look, the Challenger wins hands down. In my opinion, the best looking of the three by far, with the Mustang looking good to me also. No insult to Camaro owners but they just haven't grown on me.

The Scat Pak is a great buy, less than the SRT but very close in performance. If you want a better cruiser that rides a little better, look at an RT. I own an RT but would much rather have a 392 car.
Thanks for the good advise..We were leaning towards the challenger hellcat until I found out insurance rates.SIGH...The scat pack rates in this neck of the woods are $1,100 cheaper per year verses the hellcat.Went for a ride in my neighbors 2016 challenger hellcat "HOLY JESUS"to fast for me.LOL

Last edited:
   / 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #4  
I'm interested in a challenger also. Haven't seriously looked yet.

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #6  
I just added my 18 yo to my insurance, so might need to wait. Adult rates kick in at 24 with my ins, so i got 2 youth right now.

I just like the challenger, just which one..

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #7  
At some point in the future I'll pick up a 392. Used ones are starting to come down a little. I'd like something a little different. In 2011 they had an Inaguaral Edition, blue and white but I don't know if I could live with the white interior.

The TA has also caught my eye.

The eight speed auto is also suppose to be great and you can still get a stick.

For those that don't know the Challeger is pretty much a two door version of a Charger and 300C.

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #8  
I have driven all 3 but were all 2015 and 2016 models.

Hands down the Challenger for fun as a cruiser.

Mustang handled great and loved the 5.0 but to me my 3.5 Eco Boost had it beet as far as fun factor.

The Camero had horible seating and huge blind spots.

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #9  
Thanks for the good advise..We were leaning towards the challenger hellcat until I found out insurance rates.SIGH...The scat pack rates in this neck of the woods are $1,100 cheaper per year verses the hellcat.Went for a ride in my neighbors 2016 challenger hellcat "HOLY JESUS"to fast for me.LOL

I'll probably get chased out of here but if you're up in that price range you may want to take a peek at Tesla. It's American built and designed, very much in my mind a tech forward muscle car and the insurances rates are reasonable. I pay ~$100/mo on our sub 4 second 85D since it's one of the safest cars on the road including 100% replacement in the case of totaling the car.

If that's not a crazy suggestion happy to talk more about it, they've got no shortage of torque and hard to believe a 5k lb car will do 0-60 in 3.9s(whatever you do don't test drive the P90DL, that 3.1s 0-60 is no joke). It has one of the lowest center of gravity of any production car due to all the weight being down low so it's an incredibly nimble car for it's weight. Not to mention you can do a whole costco run with the massive trunk + frunk.

I have driven all 3 but were all 2015 and 2016 models.

Hands down the Challenger for fun as a cruiser.

Mustang handled great and loved the 5.0 but to me my 3.5 Eco Boost had it beet as far as fun factor.

The Camero had horible seating and huge blind spots.
I agree 100% on the blind spots in the camero.