2017 Raptor

/ 2017 Raptor #21  
I would take the turbo whistle over the "rumble" any day. There is a replacement for displacement and its called turbo psi.

I much prefer the ecoboost over the big V8 any day, especially at altitude.
I agree 100%. A normally aspirated engine loses about 3% every 1000' above SL. So take a 350 HP V8 to 6000' and it's now about 285HP. The little turbo Eco Boost V6 and it's still making its same SL 360HP.

It's the same reason a diesel is preferred in the mountains. It's not the Fuel, it's the Turbo.

/ 2017 Raptor #22  
I agree 100%. A normally aspirated engine loses about 3% every 1000' above SL. So take a 350 HP V8 to 6000' and it's now about 285HP. The little turbo Eco Boost V6 and it's still making its same SL 360HP.

It's the same reason a diesel is preferred in the mountains. It's not the Fuel, it's the Turbo.

Yep, I waited years for a factory turbo gas option. I live at 7,000 feet and I have a cabin at 10,000 ft. The ecoboost is the best thing since sliced bread.

/ 2017 Raptor #23  
Yep, I waited years for a factory turbo gas option. I live at 7,000 feet and I have a cabin at 10,000 ft. The ecoboost is the best thing since sliced bread.
I owned a 2012 Harley Davisdon edition F150 with the 6.2, .. Friggin truck was beautiful and the 6.2 was a fantastic power plant for the light duty truck. I drove a limited F150 with the EB at the same time... The 6.2 was more robust and had much better road manners than the EB in my opinion. ... Traded that truck for a Porsche 911 4s cab but that's another story.

/ 2017 Raptor #24  
Get you foot into that silly V6 and watch the smile on your face.

Remember the Buick Grand National? Fastest thing GM produced for a number of years including the Corvette.

Oh yea. Those were some bad ***** v-6's that's for sure.
landscape-1429894916-1987buickregalgnx-medium.jpg

/ 2017 Raptor #25  
What was the name of that British TV Show on BBC that tested the cars? They have had several episodes with the Raptor that where very impressive. I have no use for something like that, but I like that they exist and seeing them on the road.

The other day I stumbled on their new show on Amazon Prime. I really did miss Top Gear since they took a break for not being PC. The new one seems great as well.

Just hop on your Amazon Prime app on your smart TV and enjoy!

Check it out here: Forbes Welcome

/ 2017 Raptor #27  
One option I like about the new Raptor is the ability to get a shorter wheel base, about 133" with the supercab and short box. My current F150 saddlebags when traversing the trails and sort of trails here. Plus the frame in the Raptor is reinforced. The ecoboost in the Raptor is a good bit more powerful than the previous versions; larger turbos, true large dual exhaust from manifolds back, multi port injection PLUS some sort manifold injection too. They are hard to get here.

prs

Last edited:
   / 2017 Raptor #28  
The other day I stumbled on their new show on Amazon Prime. I really did miss Top Gear since they took a break for not being PC. The new one seems great as well.

Just hop on your Amazon Prime app on your smart TV and enjoy!

Check it out here: Forbes Welcome

I miss the old topgear.

/ 2017 Raptor #29  
Looks like this thread got hijacked.

/ 2017 Raptor #30  
The raptor is a very cool truck. I don't see the appeal of a street driven 65k dollar truck that is designed to go fast baja style. If a guy wants to spend the money, go for it.

I do see the appeal of the Ford Lightning trucks and wish they would continue those as well.