2017 Total Solar Eclipse...

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #71  
close-up-of-a-horse-wearing-sunglasses-and-baring-its-teeth-ARGY9N.jpg

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #73  
Test run on the homemade glasses this morning. #19 For the boys. The "light" around the sun is actually bounce off reflection from the cell phone pic. Everything but the sun is actually black.

HOMEMADE.png

Personally, I don't really care about this. Although pretty cool and I get the fact you don't see these every day, there will be so many videos on this that you're going to see it one way or another.

People who are spending time and money to see this? Sorry, I just don't get it.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #74  
Sigarms - neither do I. The very best viewing will be on the Science Channel, starting at noon on Monday.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #75  
Nice to know I'm not the only one.

When you stop and think about it, I really do find it amazing that we now know when this is going to happen, and so far in advance.

Now, what would be REALLY cool???? Having the science community playing an April fools day joke on all of us! Think about it, it would be the ULTIMATE April fools joke in the history of mankind LMAO I mean seriously, how many here know for a scientiffic fact that the eclipse is happening tomorrow? (at least for a dumb guy like myself) All were doing is going off of what they're telling us!
I could just see all these people driving, spending money, and waiting, and NOTHING happens. Look on everyones face would be priceless.

Haven't read the entire thread, but I did hear on the news the other week that some woman requested on face book or some other social media site she was requesting the "eclipse party" be moved to Saturday so it would work better into everyones schedule. Don't know I believe it or not, but when I saw that woman call 911 because she locked herself in her car and couldn't get out because the power locks weren't working, who knows.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #76  
OH, God - that is hilarious. Can you see a big wheat field packed with people - waiting for NOTHING to happen.

Some times you truly wonder if some people EVER wake up and smell the roses. I just wonder are people like those two women that stupid about everything, all the time??

The really unfortunate thing - we all run into folks like that all the time. They live among us and they do breed.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #77  
We live in St Joseph, MO. One of the prime cities in the path. Right now its looking like thunderstorms. Hoping it breaks for the show.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #79  
Heavy traffic, some long backups on I81 southbound in TN, glad we are northbound.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #80  
Heavy traffic, some long backups on I81 southbound in TN, glad we are northbound.

If you've never stopped, Eavers classic car museum in Staunton. Think route 654, not certain of the exit, but you can see it from I-81 (going north it'll be on your left hand side practically a stones throw). Right across from a gas station, and the museum is in a gas station as well (you would never guess it). Drove by the thing numerous times visiting my father in Pa and never knew it was there and ended up going in by mistake to pick up some snacks for the boys. Pretty neat.