2018 Mahindra HST 2555 Forward & Reverse Issues

/ 2018 Mahindra HST 2555 Forward & Reverse Issues
The grapple is a Mahindra brand. The third function valve has not one indication of manufacture so I just assumed it was built third party and sold to Mahindra.

Now i have another potential issue. Running the brush hog on Saturday. Some of the meadow was a little thick, when I got to the thicker stuff the hog would wind down and even almost completely stop, I would have to lift the hog let it take off again. The question/issue, when the hog would do this i wouldn't notice any change in the engine tone like it wasn't putting a load on the engine at all. Running in low range at about 2200 RPM. Should I notice a load on the engine ??. With the the whole machine being hydrostat I don't know if this is normal or not.

/ 2018 Mahindra HST 2555 Forward & Reverse Issues #13  
Couple things come to mind, does yours have the load sensing switch on the dash? that might have something to do with it.
or if you have slip clutch on hog it might be too loose. but be careful if too tight you could break the gear box or pto shaft on your tractor. I hit a tire in the field with mine few weeks back and luckily the clutch on teh hog slipped, enough to make it smoke until i shut off the pto , pulled away and it cleared the tire and all was fine.

/ 2018 Mahindra HST 2555 Forward & Reverse Issues #14  
If someone had the hydraulic schematic for your tractor it would be helpfull.
This thread in addition to your other makes me lean more to your tractor hydraulics.
If your pump is not maintaining good flow for your pto system and possible for the charge line of the hydrostatic pump it would explain many things.

What many people do not realize is that with your hydrostatic transmission you often have an external pump that provides makeup fluid for the hydrostatic drive which is a closed loop system.
Many times your tractor will have a pair of engine driven pump one of which is for your remotes and loader and a smaller one piggy backed to it which provides the fluid and pressure for hydraulic controls such as pto and steering as well as the makeup or charge line for the hydrostatic drive.

I do have the load sensing button but haven't ever used it. The way I understand that is that is slows the travel speed as the tractor loads. In this case the motor never changes or loses RPM but the hog will completely stop, was out this evening and had the same issue like I thought it would fix itself. Also, my other issue came back on the travel, the tractor would just stop like I had taken my foot off the petal, the F light would blink as the tractor bucked. Took it to the barn sprayed the F & R electrical connectors again under the floor board and all was fine with the movement. It did seem as the tractor got up to full temperature through out the machine the less power the PTO had. Seems to lean toward the clutch assembly in the housing. Looks like a trip back to the dealership.....

New issue, I am now told that I have a bad potentiometer. It is stuck with the forward light on so I can't even start the thing. Anyone ever replaced one and if so where can I find instructions for calibration after replacement.

/ 2018 Mahindra HST 2555 Forward & Reverse Issues #17  
New issue, I am now told that I have a bad potentiometer. It is stuck with the forward light on so I can't even start the thing. Anyone ever replaced one and if so where can I find instructions for calibration after replacement.
Ours had some room for adjustment - mounting holes are ovaled.