2018 new Holland workmaster 70 want start/ crank

/ 2018 new Holland workmaster 70 want start/ crank #1  

rickyb01

Silver Member
Tractor
1976 Deutz 3006 1962 John Deere 1010
I was using tractor bushhogging yesterday in some gum bushes and it just died. Will not crank and I have no idea where the safety switches are at. There was a bush hung up under the left foot pedal and there are some wire looms hanging down but no wires seem to have been pulled out.

I have always tried to google but I have no service at work and need to take a short cut asking here. Tractor is in the woods.
I think the seat switch still allows the tractor to crank but not start. Mine want crank. If you could actually be specific where they are it would help tremendously. Thanks for your help.

/ 2018 new Holland workmaster 70 want start/ crank #2  
First is the pto still turned ON, that will inhibit starting. Also with brush being hung up under the left pedal which I'm assuming is the clutch
you have likely damaged the neutral switch or wiring.
If you swing by your local auto parts store and pickup a remote stater switch, carefull use of it will likely get you started so you can get the tractor out of the woods to be worked on.

/ 2018 new Holland workmaster 70 want start/ crank
Pto is off. Could I not just jumper the neutral safety switch?

Can someone specifically tell me where neutral safety switch and pto switch are?

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if this works s the neutral safety switch? It’s the yellow piece. If so what would you jump it with a paper clip?

Attachments

• 7BFE9C97-111C-49A2-9CCB-3B595A4583DD.jpeg
    7BFE9C97-111C-49A2-9CCB-3B595A4583DD.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 129
Hopefully this helps someone down the road. That switch in photo with yellow band is neutral safety switch.. You have a sensor under seat that’s easy to get to. You have a two sensors below the pto linkage and the one that pto linkage depress is safety switch. I really don’t know what the switch that the actual pto handle depress is for.

Last edited:
Today was last day to work on tractor before I pulled it out of woods and on a trailer headed to dealership. After checking all switches with volt meter or jumping them. I started taking the big grey connectors apart below left side floorboard and spraying them with contact cleaner. I then would try starting the tractor. After second one it started but died after 10 seconds. I had for found the culprit. After tugging on each wire one moved. I sharpened a small stick and jammed it beside the loose wire in the connector and drove it back to my shop.