2019 F350 crew cab lariat question

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #51  
If you want to have some fun, go to a dealer and check out some of these trucks.
Crawl under the ones of interest, and read the tags on the springs and see if they are the same.
Go to Ford's body builder website and download some of their spec sheets and have fun reading them.

Publications | Body Builder Advisory Service

Let's not confuse GVWR.

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #52  
If you want to have some fun, go to a dealer and check out some of these trucks.
Crawl under the ones of interest, and read the tags on the springs and see if they are the same.
Go to Ford's body builder website and download some of their spec sheets and have fun reading them.

Publications | Body Builder Advisory Service

I don't need to crawl under them, I can see the diesel front end squat from 70 feet away.

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #53  
I know it's early to tell because they haven't been out long enough, but does anyone have an idea how Ford's aluminum body will hold up long term where the roads get salted?

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #54  
Ford has been using aluminum hoods since the 90s. Do a google search and you will find plenty of opinions

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #55  
The metal hood on my '68 Landcruiser was fine, the rest of it was just rusting away, body and frame.

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question
You have to play the game, same as finance companies that lease trucks do. The key is to get a tuck brand new and pay it off around 2-3 years. Then you trade it in on year 3 when your equity is still around 65-75%. Then you apply the equity to another truck and do the same. Eventually your only having to pay around $10-12K every three years for a new truck. It's like doing your own self leasing service. The math works, otherwise lease companies would not do it.

The key is to keep that equity working for you, don't ever loose it. It does no good to keep a truck for 15 years and have to rebuild equity all over again.
Why not just lease if your planning to trade every 2-3 years? I've always been one to buy and keep it till it is worn out but have started to wonder about leasing. Never looked into it before but may inquire and see if it makes sense for my current situation.

Never mind, just asked my dealer about it and they do not lease super duty trucks

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #57  
Why not just lease if your planning to trade every 2-3 years? I've always been one to buy and keep it till it is worn out but have started to wonder about leasing. Never looked into it before but may inquire and see if it makes sense for my current situation.

Never mind, just asked my dealer about it and they do not lease super duty trucks

The only way it works is to continue to roll over equity. That is what the lease company does, they never let their initial investment get lower than say 70%. On a depreciating asset, roll over equity is the only thing to combat the eventual fall to zero, given enough time.

The only way a lease works for a consumer, outside of just wanting a new car every 3 years, is for deduction as a business expense.

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #58  
Sometimes it's better to buy and take the depreciation..other times it's better to lease. ...I bought my F350 Platin and took the full depression in that first year. The 150 is a lease that is deducted every month every year. Both have their advantages

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question
Ended up waiting for the 2020's. Just ordered a 2020 F350 king ranch crew cab dually with 6.7 diesel. Main options I selected were fx4, 4.10 rear axle, rapid heat, adaptive cruise, 5th wheel prep, quad beam led headlamps, adaptive steering, tailgate step and heated rear seat. There were other small options but MSRP came to $82,170. X plan price is $77586.
Finally arrived, took longer than expected 20200109_102558.jpeg

/ 2019 F350 crew cab lariat question #60  
Very nice!