2020 gardens

/ 2020 gardens #251  
I'm finished for this year........got it plowed and hope to dump a layer of raked/shredded leaves on top to till in next spring. I used to plant a Fall Garden, but ain't got enough giddy up to do that anymore....especially with no family here to enjoy the veggies. 003.JPG010.JPG

Cheers,
Mike

/ 2020 gardens
waiting on the last of the pie pumpkins to get ready and a few more tomatoes then IF the ground dries up enough I will plow some of the gardens,---not sure how many, since taking care of them is getting to be a major problem. This cancer thing is making me weak and everything takes 10 times longer to do now. Still gotta have some garden,---just not 5 acres of them!

/ 2020 gardens #253  
Some people just make it look so easy. Is it for some, or is that just their thing?

/ 2020 gardens #254  
With a recent 1.3" rain and a nice wind, I am burning the brush pile, even the still green tomato vines............Glad to get rid of all that debris for the end of season.

Cheers,
Mike

/ 2020 gardens #255  
We wacked down the sunflowers last weekend and the Bluejays are enjoying the heads as I write this. Seems they (The Bluejays) did the best out of the 2020 season.

Last edited:
   / 2020 gardens #256  
We did get a light shower on Monday evening and the oats and rye are popping up in the clean garden areas. The only plants left are the pole Lima beans and the Asparagus foliage.

/ 2020 gardens #257  
We (I) may be old and slow, but we(I) don't have cancer..............Prayers for Sonny580.

Cheers Sonny,
Mike

/ 2020 gardens
Decided to make more tomato juice before everything freezes. We made another 50 quarts of juice and with what we had left from last year should run us til next years crop. We use a lot of canned tomatoes and juice during the winter along with all of the other stuff we canned this year, we are in good shape going into winter as far as food that we put up this summer.
We freeze-dried a lot this year which saves space and is easier to store. Freezers are full and basement shelves are about full so we didnt do bad this year.

/ 2020 gardens
Hauled in 12 dump truck loads of composted (5 years) horse manure and spread it with the new-holland skidloader. That was 1 day of 10 hours to haul it 10 miles one way then the next day I worked 5 hours spreading it and cleaning up around an old pile I had ready to go.
next job IF weather holds here will be to rip then plow and be ready for spring.
do have 8 rows of field corn that was my privacy fence along the road to pick yet. Kinda wanted to use my picker but its in the neighbors shed which is no problem because I can just hook it to one of his old tractors and go!