2020 GMC Denali purchase?

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Found a (demo 9,000 miles)2020 GMC Denali SUV 4X4 with the 6.2 motor locally.I have not owned a GM product since 2002.Any thoughts good bad or ugly?Thanks for your input..

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #2  
I assume this is a Yukon? 2020 is the last year of the previous generation, so on the one hand they probably had all the bugs worked out. But on the other hand, the 2021 is all-new with many improvements, and a much better vehicle.

There should be a substantial discount. Many times demos are not priced realistically, and people fall for it and over pay. It better be priced like a used Yukon with 9,000 miles, otherwise it's too much.

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase?
I assume this is a Yukon? 2020 is the last year of the previous generation, so on the one hand they probably had all the bugs worked out. But on the other hand, the 2021 is all-new with many improvements, and a much better vehicle.

There should be a substantial discount. Many times demos are not priced realistically, and people fall for it and over pay. It better be priced like a used Yukon with 9,000 miles, otherwise it's too much.
Yes Yukon..List was $79,000 now $63,000 IMHO is still CRAZY High $$..

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #4  
What qualifies as a demo these days?

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #5  
Yes Yukon..List was $79,000 now $63,000 IMHO is still CRAZY High $$..

Anytime I see vehicle prices like that I cringe. Our first house was $20K. Our 20 acres was $30K. Our current house was $60K. I realize times are changing, and I don't hold anything against someone that can afford it. My wife and I can afford it. However, it just leaves me with a sour stomach.

About 10 years ago my wife, who works at a financial institution, started telling me about people taking out loans for $50K SUVs and pickup trucks. I guess I'm just a little tight with the money. :rolleyes:

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #6  

Aside from changing to independent rear suspension what’s the difference? Personally I hate both body styles. Members of my family have a 2002 suburban, 2004 which are the same, a 2013 suburban, and a 2015 suburban which I think is the same 14-20. The 15 has by far the worst back hatch, the worst back compartment, almost zero visibility for 3rd row passengers, the least comfortable seats, and worst visibility for the driver out every end. Overall I hate it and aside from the being worn out part the older body ones were much better IMO. I’m not a Ford guy at all but I’ve got a Ford van and a Ford Excursion now. The paint is terrible on the GM vans and the 2500 suburbans are too hard to come by.

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #7  
Anytime I see vehicle prices like that I cringe. Our first house was $20K. Our 20 acres was $30K. Our current house was $60K. I realize times are changing, and I don't hold anything against someone that can afford it. My wife and I can afford it. However, it just leaves me with a sour stomach.

About 10 years ago my wife, who works at a financial institution, started telling me about people taking out loans for $50K SUVs and pickup trucks. I guess I'm just a little tight with the money. :rolleyes:

You were super lucky to have been around for times and deals like that. Around me 2 acres of overgrown thicket is 50-75k. My house on 2 acres is a 1955 and I bought at 170. Houses on a 1/4 acre that are uninhabitable due to damage or mold still bring 60k.

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #8  

Unless I was millionaire level rich I ain’t paying that. I could afford better but my $3500 vehicles do the job fine. Sometimes I feel silly dragging around trailers that I paid more for vs the vehicle pulling it.

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #9  
I'm in the market for a mid 90's Suburban. Mine is rotting out. Been looking in oklahoma. no luck yet.

/ 2020 GMC Denali purchase? #10  
Edmunds.com and KBB.com can give an idea on values by zip code, mileage, etc. Kelly always seems to run higher.