2020 Taxes!

/ 2020 Taxes! #1  

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
Good news. 2020 tax payments are delayed from April 15 to May 17. I assume this also means Q1 2021 estimated taxes are delayed.

IMG_1273.JPG

MoKelly

/ 2020 Taxes! #2  
I beat the rush and filed early this year... January 27.

/ 2020 Taxes! #4  
I assume you get a refund. Congrats.

MoKelly
No, I try to pay in around 50$/yr. I don't write interest free loans to anybody.
However, while everybody else was getting stimulus checks I received a letter from the IRS stating that I owed a penalty for not having health insurance back in 2017... because I forgot to check the box. (I thought I had gotten that straightened out 2 years ago, but they went on shutdown.) I tried to contact them but couldn't, so I called a CPA who took care of everything for me including this year's tax returns.

/ 2020 Taxes! #6  
I currently have minor tax problem. I bought a tree farm. one reason i bought this property is it has low property taxes because....it's a tree FARM. I'm a farmer! Ag exemption.

I have ZERO income from the farm and ZERO expenses. I know i could make up a bunch of phony expenses but, i don't have any income to speak of so why mess with expenses?

The state is requiring me to send them a copy of last year's returns, by the end of march, with a "1040 F" form. Looks like a P$L stmt to me. Turns out, i didn't file that 1040 F form last year....turbo tax. My fault! Time to scramble!

I have had 2 accountant/bookkeeper types set appts and.....just don't show! No call. nothin. Twice. Never had that problem before. Knewnrml

So today, i go to friggin walmart tax lady. What a joke. I cant wait till we can do our taxes on a post card!

Fear the government.

/ 2020 Taxes! #7  
I currently have minor tax problem. I bought a tree farm. one reason i bought this property is it has low property taxes because....it's a tree FARM. I'm a farmer! Ag exemption.

I have ZERO income from the farm and ZERO expenses. I know i could make up a bunch of phony expenses but, i don't have any income to speak of so why mess with expenses?

The state is requiring me to send them a copy of last year's returns, by the end of march, with a "1040 F" form. Looks like a P$L stmt to me. Turns out, i didn't file that 1040 F form last year....turbo tax. My fault! Time to scramble!

I have had 2 accountant/bookkeeper types set appts and.....just don't show! No call. nothin. Twice. Never had that problem before. Knewnrml

So today, i go to friggin walmart tax lady. What a joke. I cant wait till we can do our taxes on a post card!

Fear the government.

Have you tried calling a CPA? This time of year is when they are busy but its also when they make some extra income.

/ 2020 Taxes! #8  
thx, i just filled out a practice form so i would be ready.

50 fields, 50 entries of $0.00

hard to admit but

my brother is president of the national association of accountants and cpas. or he was last year or something....

he did my taxes when i owned my business but i refuse to bother him now, busy boy that one.

due to my lack of any income, i don't even have to file except, I must file to continue the property tax exemption.

I know a lot of people run expenses thru a tree farm so i get it but man.......catch 22 again!

/ 2020 Taxes! #9  
I can not see how extending tax deadline one month will help a taxpayer?

Either we have our affairs in order or we don't and doubt a month makes a difference!

I think it's BS caused by political pressure.

Just saying.

/ 2020 Taxes! #10  
thx, i just filled out a practice form so i would be ready.

50 fields, 50 entries of $0.00

hard to admit but

my brother is president of the national association of accountants and cpas. or he was last year or something....

he did my taxes when i owned my business but i refuse to bother him now, busy boy that one.

due to my lack of any income, i don't even have to file except, I must file to continue the property tax exemption.

I know a lot of people run expenses thru a tree farm so i get it but man.......catch 22 again!

Your being honest with the IRS and not fudging numbers pays more in self worth than any false deductions will.