2030 pro gator no start

/ 2030 pro gator no start #1  

Barrybuel

Tractor
02Vicytc
When ignition key in on position digital speedometer displays 2.5 mph when key is turn to the start position instrument panel goes blank. Sometimes the fuel pump runs in the on position and sometimes it does not seem to have power at all the relay plug-ins and all the safety switches not sure where to go or what To check next

/ 2030 pro gator no start #2  
It may be something as simple as a bad connection or even a bad battery. Low voltage can really confuse computers. You could start by having the battery fully charged and load tested. From there clean the terminals and the cable ends. Attach them securely to the battery being sure they're tight. Follow the ground lead to the frame. Clean and tighten securely there as well. After all that try starting your Gator again.

/ 2030 pro gator no start
I will double check all that again however I have been running it with a battery charger attached set at two amp and also tried it set at 40 amp. I did notice that after trying to crank it a couple of different times at the two upsetting the battery went from 12.5 V down to 4 to 7 V depending on when I looked at it immediately after trying to crank it. The other thing I noticed is when I turned on the overhead work lights They Flickr with the key in the on position

/ 2030 pro gator no start #4  
I will double check all that again however I have been running it with a battery charger attached set at two amp and also tried it set at 40 amp. I did notice that after trying to crank it a couple of different times at the two upsetting the battery went from 12.5 V down to 4 to 7 V depending on when I looked at it immediately after trying to crank it. The other thing I noticed is when I turned on the overhead work lights They Flickr with the key in the on position

That sounds like a battery that takes a ‘surface’ charge but fails under load. Most any parts store or service place that sells batteries can perform a load test. Avoid a big box store without an auto center for load testing.
Personally, if it drops to 7 volts after attempting to start, I would buy a battery! But for your peace of mind have it tested 1st.
Ditto on low voltage doing wild stuff to computer circuits.

/ 2030 pro gator no start #5  
I agree, get your battery tested or just replace it. I've heard people have had good and bad luck with battery chargers that "desulfate" or "repair" batteries that wont charge.

/ 2030 pro gator no start #6  
Have you resolved this problem?
If not a battery problem, could be a faulty ignition switch.
Pro gator info and forums seem to be non existent. Please keep us posted to increase the info out there.

/ 2030 pro gator no start #7  
Amvcane, if it would help, I have a PDF of the 2030a technical manual that you're welcome to, if wanted, message me your email and it's on the way

Joe

/ 2030 pro gator no start #8  
Thank-you for the help Joe, I already have the service manual.
Nice bunch of tractors there.
Andrew.